Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Room correction with REW and Camilla
I've been playing with REW and Camilla for room correction and have run into some odd behaviour. I've used the RTA in REW with Pink Noise to measure the room curve, and exported the filters impulse response into Camilla in Moode as a 'Quick convolution filter'. I then played the pink noise again from Moode with Camilla turned on and the filtering applied. However, when I measured the resulting response with REW it had more deviations than before! Confused
In order to get a picture of what was going on, I went back to REW and made (just as an experiment) a filter with a deep 30dB cut centered at 1KHz, with a Q of 1.0. I exported that filter file to Camilla, set it up, played the pink noise again and did another measurement in REW. The resulting response showed a deep trough centered at 2.5kHz!
So either I'm doing something very wrong or there's a bug somewhere, and I'd be grateful for any help.

Edit: I can get satisfactory results by avoiding Camilla altogether and loading the REW recommended filters into the Parametric Eq in Moode.

Just to clarify my procedure, I've been following this guide but applying it to Camilla/Moode rather than Roon: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-guide...roon/23800
Assuming you use moOde 7.1, typical candidates would be:
  • Does the impulse response samplerate match the used at to playback music at moOde?
  • Does the IR type match the correct one at qucik conv settings?
  • Is it the original IR a wav float or float64 one? If so convert it yourself to a raw file. The wave converter makes are with this one (fixed in 7.2).

Else I would suggest to ask support at the offical camilladsp thread on diyaudio.
@bitlab
Thanks for the fast reply. The sample rates were not matching but they are now and the result is the same.
I'm not sure what you mean in your second bullet point. I selected 'Upload new' in Convolution File and converted it. I got 'Config is valid' in Quick Convolution filter.
I tried converting the original wav file to raw using Switch, but the result was the same.
I'll ask at diyAudio, as you suggest.

Edit: Yes, I'm on 7.1.
The second bullet is about the "Quick convolution filter" fourth setting "IR Type". That one should also match the one of the wav/raw file.

When you upload a wave file information is shown(before converting it) about the wave file. The encoding and bitdepth info fields, provides hints what you should select as IR Type.
(04-23-2021, 06:25 AM)bitlab Wrote: The second bullet is about the "Quick convolution filter" fourth setting "IR Type". That one should also match the one of the wav/raw file.

When you upload a wave file information is shown(before converting it)  about the wave file. The encoding and bitdepth info fields, provides hints what you should select as IR Type.

Thanks. So if the file name ends with ...44100Hz_32b.raw I should use S32LE as the IR type. Is that correct?
Yes correct.