Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unified configuration
Hi,

I'm using moodeaudio 7.6.1.

When I select the Configure menu from the main dashboard, I get the "Configuration Settings" screen with the main buttons Library, Audio, Network, System and the small text buttons MPD Settings, Parametric EQ, ... etc 

However when I click on any of the configuration buttons and then select 'Configure' again from the menu, I get a "Configuration Settings" screen only with the main buttons but not the text buttons.
The 'Go back' function (from the browser or the UI) brings me back again to the dashboard but not the "Configuration Settings" screen.

It would be great to see the same "Configuration Settings" screen (with all options, i.e. the text buttons) no matter from which screen you select the Configure option from the menu.
The behavior you are seeing is a limitation of how the moOde <-- back button functions currently. There really shouldn't be a "Configure" item in the Menu when on any of the Configuration screens since it is redundant to the buttons across the top.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I guess the issue being described here is that if a user wants to edit an MPD setting, they can press "Configure" then go straight to the MDP settings from there. If however they want to adjust a library setting and then an MPD setting, they go to the Library settings, but then only way to the MPD ssettings after that is to go to the Audio settings p[age and scroll to the MPD section and press the edit button there rather than having a shortcut like they would otherwise. There's no way to the "sub screens" directly other than through the first configure screen.
----------------
Robert
True. Currently the <-- button functionality is pretty basic and when in the Configs it doesn't work with the shortcuts as one would expect. I looked at it briefly at one point but it didn't get much priority (from me) given that my TODO list is chronically overcommitted :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
It's never a good thing to spend too long in the configuration screens anyway, it detracts from listening to the music Smile
----------------
Robert
(01-18-2022, 02:01 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: I guess the issue being described here is that if a user wants to edit an MPD setting, they can press "Configure" then go straight to the MDP settings from there.  If however they want to adjust a library setting and then an MPD setting, they go to the Library settings, but then only way to the MPD ssettings after that is to go to the Audio settings p[age and scroll to the MPD section and press the edit button there rather than having a shortcut like they would otherwise.  There's no way to the "sub screens" directly other than through the first configure screen.
Thanks bertrum. Yep, that's what my "issue" was

(01-18-2022, 02:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: True. Currently the <-- button functionality is pretty basic and when in the Configs it doesn't work with the shortcuts as one would expect. I looked at it briefly at one point but it didn't get much priority (from me) given that my TODO list is chronically overcommitted :-0
No worries. I raised it in the 'features request' forum as it's only a nuisance but not an issue. It's not that you spend a lot of time (after the initial setup) on the config.pages.
So maybe note it down as a "Nice-to-have" feature to be implemented when everything else is completed  Cool