Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.0 support thread
no tidal support anymore...?
Hi,
I'm suffering from an issue as well, no sound when trying to play Spotify via my USB dac.

Any suggestion how to fix this as I'm uncomfortable with the suggestions in another topic?
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3753

I do not know how to fix by using the terminal and waiting for an update with a fix is not preferred. Thanks in advance for any hints anyone could share.
(04-30-2021, 07:31 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 05:56 PM)Streamer Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 05:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 04:56 PM)Streamer Wrote: Hi Tim,

I just upgraded to 7.2.0, all went smoothly, no issues at all, many thanks!
But I need an explanation about UPNP and OpenHome implementation, because I exclusively use moode as UPNP renderer in conjunction with MinimServer+BubbleUpnp server running on a Synology-NAS.

As I correctly understand it, the upmpdcli is by now devided in two separate services, the "UPnP-A/V service only" configured by "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" and the "UPnP-A/V service and OpenHome service" configured by "UPnP service type=OpenHome".
So I can bypass the OpenHome implementation in upmpdcli and use the OpenHome renderer implemented by BubbleUPnP-server on the Synology-NAS if "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" is configured.

Is it correct so?

Thank a lot!

My understanding is that UPnP-AV and OpenHome services are mutually exclusive.

Thank you, but I don't know why the BubbleUPnP app see the Moode UPNP as renderer anyway after I have configured "UPnP service type=OpenHome"?

Short answer is yes.  Set moOde to the AV service, let your Bubble server create an OpenHome version of it and carry on as you were.

Slightly longer answer.  Does your Bubble server do anything else (like transcoding or making the service available over the internet)?  If not, you could swap to using the OpenHome service in moOde and just ditch the Bubble server.

Even longer answer.  If you only use moOde as a UPnP renderer, you have a set up a bit like those folks who have a Range Rover but only go to the shops in it.  You could mount your music from the NAS directly into moOde and take advantage of all the other goodies it provides (take your Range Rover off-road), or you could streamline things and just have a basic renderer (like upmpdcli ) on your Pi.

@the_bertrum: thank you for your answer, I don't mount NAS to Moode because I like the way browsing a large music library by Minimserver running on NAS and how fast the Minimserver updates its DB too.
(04-30-2021, 01:23 PM)Streamer Wrote: @the_bertrum: thank you for your answer, I don't mount NAS to Moode because I like the way browsing a large music library by Minimserver running on NAS and how fast the Minimserver updates its DB too.

I confess to really liking the way minimserver presents so many ways to slice a library.  I will often use moOde as a UPnP renderer like you do even though I have the same library in Minim and moOde.  Using the OpenHome service directly in moOde gives the best of both worlds because you can add tracks to the playlist from your UPnP control point while browsing the library from Minim, but also control/add tracks from the moOde interface as well.  The view of the playlist updates on the control point and in the moOde UI, and the system responds to commands from both as well.
----------------
Robert
(04-30-2021, 02:07 PM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:23 PM)Streamer Wrote: @the_bertrum: thank you for your answer, I don't mount NAS to Moode because I like the way browsing a large music library by Minimserver running on NAS and how fast the Minimserver updates its DB too.

I confess to really liking the way minimserver presents so many ways to slice a library.  I will often use moOde as a UPnP renderer like you do even though I have the same library in Minim and moOde.  Using the OpenHome service directly in moOde gives the best of both worlds because you can add tracks to the playlist from your UPnP control point while browsing the library from Minim, but also control/add tracks from the moOde interface as well.  The view of the playlist updates on the control point and in the moOde UI, and the system responds to commands from both as well.

☝️ Yes to all that. I too plan to use moode as UPnP renderer and not a Range Rover - don't need all the bling but from time to time I enjoy a web ux. Fwiw, in the short time I've compared with Volumio-as-UPnP renderer, moode looks promising.  After ~3 years of Volumio use I've found it to be reliably unreliable over my LAN (wired or not).

Like everyone says above ↑ MinimServer is fast and way better equipped as a 'db server' than MPD.  I'm still baselining moode performance and reliability with a UPnP music source vs NAS music source over wifi. If I think my end-results will be useful to this community, I'll post them.

For anyone wanting a Toyota Land Cruiser OJ40LV-B over the Range Rover, see this.
Hello,
 I thought we needed to enter credentials in Spotify setting, there is no place for it. but there is a Clear credential button.
(04-29-2021, 03:00 PM)maehld Wrote: Hi. I've started with 7.1.0 and primarily used Airplay. This worked perfectly in 7.1 but is not working in 7.2.

My output is a USB DAC.

The difference I observed:

In 7.1.0 this is how shairport is started: /usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -a Moode Airplay -- -d plughw:2

In 7.2 it says -d _out

Any ideas?

Another report of Airplay not working since upgrade to 7.2. The client sees the renderer and appears to play but there is no sound. I reflashed a new image of 7.2 and the issue remained. 

I use airplay alot so downgraded to 7.1 until a fix is discussed. If diagnostics are needed do let me know and I'll rerun the upgrade and take another look.
I'm not able to repro. Airplay works fine for me after upgrading to 7.2.0 from 7.1.0.

Remember to save MPD settings after the upgrade so that all the ALSA configs get updated. Also try setting the bit depth to 32 bit in Airplay Config.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-30-2021, 07:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to repro. Airplay works fine for me after upgrading to 7.2.0 from 7.1.0.

Remember to save MPD settings after the upgrade so that all the ALSA configs get updated. Also try setting the bit depth to 32 bit in Airplay Config.

Cheers Tim, changing the airplay bit depth to 32 bit fixed it. Curious as to why that is.
It's prolly because DAC only accepts 32 bit word length.

If you open Audio info, Hardware tab you can scroll down to the Audio Device section and the formats that were detected for the device should be listed.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub