Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No audio for Spotify with USB DAC
(05-12-2021, 01:36 AM)ukdude07 Wrote: I enabled debug logging and see this in the moode.log. Does anything look amiss?

Code:
20210511 203409 startSpotify(): (librespot --name "Moode Spotify" --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 100 --volume-ctrl fixed --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "_audioout" --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &)

Good news! I noticed back on the first page that you could run librespot manually with sudo. I ran

Code:
sudo librespot --name "Moode Spotify" --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 100 --volume-ctrl fixed --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "_audioout" --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh -v

and it had ERRORs in alsa. I changed --device "_audioout" to --device "_deviceout" and it started working fine!

Is there something I can change manually to force moode to use _deviceout instead of _audioout? Thanks!
You use fixed volume option, it means volume is stuck to 100
(05-12-2021, 05:53 AM)TookaFace Wrote: You use fixed volume option, it means volume is stuck to 100

Sure, but fixed volume at 100 with "_audioout" doesn't work and leads to alsa failures.

Fixed volume at 100 with "_deviceout" works great!

It seems strange that _audioout does not work because it appears to point to _deviceout in its .conf file:

pi@moode:/etc/alsa/conf.d $ cat _deviceout.conf
pcm._deviceout {
type copy
slave.pcm "plughw:0,0"
}
pi@moode:/etc/alsa/conf.d $ cat _audioout.conf
pcm._audioout {
type copy
slave.pcm "_deviceout"
}
Same here, no Spotify audio on 7.2.1, connected to Aune USB DAC. Sad
On 7.1.0 worked flawlessly.
(05-12-2021, 01:46 AM)ukdude07 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 01:36 AM)ukdude07 Wrote: I enabled debug logging and see this in the moode.log. Does anything look amiss?

Code:
20210511 203409 startSpotify(): (librespot --name "Moode Spotify" --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 100 --volume-ctrl fixed --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "_audioout" --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &)

Good news! I noticed back on the first page that you could run librespot manually with sudo. I ran

Code:
sudo librespot --name "Moode Spotify" --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 100 --volume-ctrl fixed --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "_audioout" --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh -v

and it had ERRORs in alsa. I changed --device "_audioout" to --device "_deviceout" and it started working fine!

Is there something I can change manually to force moode to use _deviceout instead of _audioout? Thanks!

Yeah, worked for me too with Aune USB DAC.
But if you reboot or disconnect Spotify the "modification" is lost!
Hi all

I have a Micromega Dac connected by USB, premium spotify account and moode 7.2.1 updated a couple of minutes ago.
Still no audio. Actually, no signal seems to be entering the dac because the light is flickering. If was some volume issue the light would be permanently on.

Will try the mention "solution"
Here's what I see in the mpd logs. And I can't change the settings since it thinks it's connected to bluetooth. Already formatted once.

Jun 29 16:29 : player: played "http://streams.fluxfm.de/lounge/mp3-320/audio/"
ALSA lib ../../../src/asound/bluealsa-pcm.c:865Sad_snd_pcm_bluealsa_open) Invalid BT device address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Jun 29 16:48 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Invalid argument
Jun 29 16:48 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Invalid argument
Jun 29 16:48 : player: problems opening audio device while playing "http://streams.fluxfm.de/60er/mp3-320/streams.fluxfm.de/"
Jun 29 16:48 : player: played "http://streams.fluxfm.de/60er/mp3-320/streams.fluxfm.de/"
ALSA lib ../../../src/asound/bluealsa-pcm.c:865Sad_snd_pcm_bluealsa_open) Invalid BT device address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Jun 29 16:50 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Invalid argument
Jun 29 16:50 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Invalid argument
Jun 29 16:50 : player: problems opening audio device while playing "http://streams.fluxfm.de/70er/mp3-320/audio/"
Jun 29 16:52 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Invalid argument
Jun 29 16:52 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Invalid argument
Jun 29 16:54 : player: played "http://streams.fluxfm.de/80er/mp3-320/streams.fluxfm.de/"