Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: EQ and DSD128 error
Hello,
when opening DSD128
with Eq turned on,
it displays a message:
MPD Error
Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa);
Error opening ALSA device
"_audioout"; snd_pwn_hw_params()
failed: Invalid argument

DSD64 and other hires files working well

HW is Pi-3B+ 1.3 + Dac hat is hifiberry dac+ pro
I assume you mean the graphic EQ. IIRC its limited to 192K rate.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-03-2021, 05:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I assume you mean the graphic EQ. IIRC its limited to 192K rate.

both graphic and parametric
This limitation applies also to camilla DSP ?
Um, how can digital equalization be applied to DSD source material without first converting it to PCM?
(05-03-2021, 09:34 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Um, how can digital equalization be applied to DSD source material without first converting it to PCM?

DSD64 works properly.
Dsd is converted to pcm stream
I ran a few quick tests with my Revolution USB DAC and no issues playing DSD128 with EQ on but when I tested with my Katana I2S DAC I was able to repro the ALSA error.

DSD64 (176.4 PCM rate) plays fine though which suggests some sort of issue in the audio pipeline when EQ is on and 352.8K PCM rate is attempted which is what DSD128 is converted to when the DAC doesn't support native DSD or DoP.
Enjoy the Music!
I suppose it would be worth trying to set MPD to SoX resample at 352.8K or 384K to see if that avoids the apparent downstream issue in the pipeline.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-03-2021, 10:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I suppose it would be worth trying to set MPD to SoX resample at 352.8K or 384K to see if that avoids the apparent downstream issue in the pipeline.
I solved using camilla DSP,
butterworth high pass filter is just
what I needed for my room correction, wonderful!

Many Thanks !
Nice :-)
Enjoy the Music!