Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.1 support thread
(05-18-2021, 08:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Do you have ALSA loopback ON?

Yes, Tim!
Why? I need to turn it off?

spotify also does not work for me, ALSA loopback is off
We found a couple of issues in the new ALSA routing that are fixed in upcoming 7.3.0 release. One of the issues caused Spotify and Airplay to crash when ALSA loopback is on. Another issue was the use of ALSA "hw" in the final output instead of "plughw". The "hw" plugin will cause no audio or MPD errors if the audio device does not accept the format being sent i.e., bit depth, sample rate, channels.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-19-2021, 06:47 PM)serbanra Wrote:

Yes, Tim!
Why? I need to turn it off?

I turned ALSA loopback OFF and now Spotify is working!
Thank you, Tim!
Hi Tim

I was looking some more at how to enable I2C on Moode 7.2.1.

'/boot/config.txt' contains a line

Code:
dtparam=i2c_arm=on

It seems that this line is supposed to create the device entry /dev/i2c-1 and, also, is the recommended method to do so on Raspberry Pi OS.

Running Moode on a PI Zero this line doesn't create the entry. Similarly, running

Code:
sudo dtparam i2c_arm=on

does not set up the entry. However, I just logged into a Pi 4 running Raspberry Pi OS and without I2C enabled and ran that command and the device entry was created.

On Moode I have been giving instructions to enable I2C by including 'i2c-dev' in '/etc/modules', which does create the device entry, but appears to be discouraged on Raspberry Pi OS, and the '/etc/modules' file gets reset by Moode upgrades. I notice that the Moode code includes a 'modprobe i2c-dev', but I don't know if this is old code or is used because the dtparam method does not (always?) work on Moode.

Adrian.
Hi,

I'm running Moode on a Pi 4B / DigiOne with a 7" touchscreen.

The local UI display shuts off after a while of inactivity even with Screen Blank = 'Never'.

It comes back when the music starts.

This is different behaviour to 7.2.0.

Cheers!
Post the contents of the file below after setting Screen Blank = Never

Code:
cat /home/pi/.xinitrc
Enjoy the Music!
(05-23-2021, 07:12 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi Tim

Code:
dtparam=i2c_arm=on

It seems that this line is supposed to create the device entry /dev/i2c-1 and, also, is the recommended method to do so on Raspberry Pi OS.

Running Moode on a PI Zero this line doesn't create the entry. Similarly, running

Code:
sudo dtparam i2c_arm=on

does not set up the entry. However, I just logged into a Pi 4 running Raspberry Pi OS and without I2C enabled and ran that command and the device entry was created.

On Moode I have been giving instructions to enable I2C by including 'i2c-dev' in '/etc/modules', which does create the device entry, but appears to be discouraged on Raspberry Pi OS, and the '/etc/modules' file gets reset by Moode upgrades. I notice that the Moode code includes a 'modprobe i2c-dev', but I don't know if this is old code or is used because the dtparam method does not (always?) work on Moode.

Adrian.

1. The line "dtparam=i2c_arm=on" has been in the config for years and I don't think its loading i2c_dev module. Check lsmod output for the presence of i2c_dev module.
2. /etc/modules was only overwritten in the 710 to 720 update
3. i2c-dev is loaded during moode startup (worker.php) via "modprobe i2c-dev" if ALSA loopback is ON in Audio Config. It shows up in lsmod output as i2c_dev module.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(05-23-2021, 07:12 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi Tim

Code:
dtparam=i2c_arm=on

Code:
sudo dtparam i2c_arm=on

Adrian.

Hi Adrian, 
I am still using the old "raspi-config" and I have never got an error: could it be a solution?
Best regards,
Francesco
hi all, i am new here. Great forum and support here. I have recently installed Moode on Raspberry Pi 4b and I am loving it! I am using Moode purely as a network player/bridge into my built in dac on my integrated amplifier via the usb interface. The source of music are flac files stored on local nas, spotify and amazon music. I am using airplay and spotify renderer on moode as well. My integrated amplifier is mcintosh ma5200

The problem I have is when I skip tracks frequently, probably like once every 10 seconds, the dac on the amp freezes up. This behaviour is observed with all source - nas/spotify/amazon music. And the same when I use spotify, airplay renderer and mpd. It seems like there is a buffer overflow on the dac itself. When I restart the dac, it starts functioning again. I look through the guide from mcintosh intended for jriver user and they seem to recommend a 6 second pre buffer. I am not sure if this is the issue but only a suspicion. I look forward to recommendations and advises. Not technically savvy but happy to pull out logs if it helps

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/-/media/Fil...R20-3.ashx