Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.1 support thread
No issue on my end with 7.2.0 -> 7.2.1 update, but I noticed that the exported configuration for autoconf using "moodeutl -e" doesn't include all configuration settings.

The following local services settings are all missing in the config file:
Metadata file setting
LCD update engine setting
GPIO button handler setting
GPIO pin mappings configuration
SSH term server (on by default?, but shown as off in moode)
Web SSH terminal

I also don't see anything in the exported config file related to the Local Display settings, but I haven't used this yet.

The wifi password is not exported, but SMB share passwords are. Given that the password is encrypted in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf might be helpful to expand the config export to accept either clear text password or psk key. This would avoid using exported config and the system won't connect to wifi.

And lastly - for now - I noticed that while I have bluetooth disabled completely, the Moode main menu contains the BlueZ config entry. I think this should be hidden when the bluetooth service is disabled.
The menu option might be possible. I'll add to the TODO list.

Correct, there's some missing autoconfig settings. Maybe one of the devs including myself will get some motivation to add the missing settings.

We don't save passwords or PSK's in the moodecfg.ini file but you can easily edit the file and put the WiFi password in plaintext back in.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
thanks. if you don't intend to save passwords in the export at all (makes sense), then the password for smb shares (possibly other shares) should be removed as well.
Prolly a good idea but less of a concern since shares are local resources and someone first has to break into the network before they are exposed. I'll run it by the crew.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-10-2021, 08:52 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Reports of USB DAC's no longer working after update.... I can confirm....mine worked for 2 minutes then stuttered as if having a resource issue then went mute and can no longer be made to play....many reboots, restarts of mpd, ..... hardware is good and tested....MoOde seems not to route audio to USB...odd ?

Further investigation shows that CamillaDSP may be the problem here. 
If it is configured and active when the upgrade is done then on reboot the USB dac becomes mute.
MoOde shows source as playing but audio info shows no device opened and there is no output.
Restarting/saving MPD and reboots don't reset but turning CamillaDSP off and restarting MPD does. :-)

Perhaps a note in the upgrade release to turn CamillaDSP off before upgrading and once the upgrade is confirmed working then turning CamillaDSP back on..?
----------
bob
(05-11-2021, 01:54 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 08:52 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Reports of USB DAC's no longer working after update.... I can confirm....mine worked for 2 minutes then stuttered as if having a resource issue then went mute and can no longer be made to play....many reboots, restarts of mpd, ..... hardware is good and tested....MoOde seems not to route audio to USB...odd ?

Further investigation shows that CamillaDSP may be the problem here. 
If it is configured and active when the upgrade is done then on reboot the USB dac becomes mute.
MoOde shows source as playing but audio info shows no device opened and there is no output.
Restarting/saving MPD and reboots don't reset but turning CamillaDSP off and restarting MPD does. :-)

Perhaps a note in the upgrade release to turn CamillaDSP off before upgrading and once the upgrade is confirmed working then turning CamillaDSP back on..?

I had the same problems. Your advice worked for me. Thanks!
Hello,

I have an issue with shairport-sync after upgrade to 7.2.1.

When i set (for mpd_oled purpose) ALSA Loopback to ON via Configure / Audio / ALSA Options i can't use moodeuadio with Itunes anymore.

This is what i got in syslog:

shairport-sync: warning: audio_alsa: Channels count (2) not available for device "_audioout": Invalid argument

Did you notice this problem as well ?

Thanks,

Eric.
Hi Eric

Please try with the latest mpd_oled (updated yesterday). It includes a fix for audio configuration issues that may help with this error (mpd_oled now waits for audio to be playing before starting cava). [EDIT: assuming you get the error when actually running mpd_oled!]

Adrian
Hi Adrii,

Thanks for the reply.
I'd reinstalled everything from scratch today (moode and mpd_oled) with mpd_oled binary package on Moode 7.
Airplay works until i set ALSA Loopback to ON (following instruction on https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/bl...de7_deb.md for Moode 7.2 and later).
If I set back ALSA Loopback to OFF, iTunes is working again with moode via shairport-sync.

PS: Everything was working well with moode 7.1.0
Hi Eric

It would be helpful to check whether mpd_oled is involved, or if this is purely an issue with the ALSA loopback configuration. 

If you leave the ALSA loopback setting on, and run the following command, and reboot, mpd_oled will not be started

Code:
sudo systemctl disable mpd_oled
sudo reboot

If you still have the problem then it suggests the issue relates to the ALSA loopback configuration. If the problem is gone then it suggests an mpd_oled configuration issue.

After testing, you can reenable the mpd_oled service again at boot, and start it immediately, with

Code:
sudo systemctl enable mpd_oled
sudo systemctl start mpd_oled

Adrian.