Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Radio white noise
Hi,

Been using Moode for a while now and upgraded from version 4 Beta 12 to version 4.2 last week. 

Subjectively, it seems to have a bit more bass and texture in this release.  Switching back and forth between the old and new build you can hear the difference.  It would probably be system dependent but I like it in my system.

One glitch, though.  A number of stations on the radio tab don't work.  When you click them all you get is white noise.  It doesn't happen to all of the selections - the Soma FM stations work just fine.

There doesn't seem to be any postings of this issue but has anyone run across this?  Where/what should I try to troubleshoot this?

Many thanks,
Barry
Hi Barry,

Are you running a Kali Reclocker?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-04-2018, 04:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Barry,

Are you running a Kali Reclocker?

-Tim

Yes.
Hi Barry,

The Kali Reclocker has a compatibility issue with the newer 4.14.y Linux kernels and 24 bit audio. Allo has acknowledged the issue but I'd have to fish out the link for you if you would like. The work around is to set MPD SoX resampling to 32 bit * kHz. This setting simply zero-pads the bit depth to 32 bits and preserves the sample rate thus maintaining bit-perfect audio :-)

Contact Allo for support on your Kali.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-05-2018, 01:55 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Barry,

The Kali Reclocker has a compatibility issue with the newer 4.14.y Linux kernels and 24 bit audio. Allo has acknowledged the issue but I'd have to fish out the link for you if you would like. The work around is to set MPD SoX resampling to 32 bit * kHz. This setting simply zero-pads the bit depth to 32 bits and preserves the sample rate thus maintaining bit-perfect audio :-)

Contact Allo for support on your Kali.

-Tim

It works.  How about that.

Many thanks for the quick reply and fix.