Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Problem: Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such
Fait to say I'm baffled. Switched on Moode, waited until fully running. Switched on DAC. I still get the error, switching between USB ports on the Pi has no effect. Restarted the DAC while Moode is up, restarted Moode while the DAC is up. They really do not want to talk to each other.

I have no clue what to try next. Suggestions would be appreciated...
Well, that's interesting. I've been scanning photos, and while I've been doing it, I've been periodically restarting Moode. After four or five attempts I've had a restart where the relay of the DAC clicked in and there's no more _audioout error.

I'll keep trying this sort of thing to see if I work out why it suddenly starts working...
Quote:Switched on Moode, waited until fully running. Switched on DAC.

Switch on any downstream device...Amplifier etc..Switch on DAC....wait until it is running...Switch on MoOde.

On my system if the dac doesn't find a device then MoOde doesn't find the dac. The above works every time.
----------
bob
it would prolly be best to close this thread since there are a mixture of inconclusive possible causes including device issues, multiroom config, etc.

@Steven Crook please post a new thread specific to your particular audio device and usage scenario. Something like "Audio device name" not being seen by moOde after power up. Something like that.

It will be easier to troubleshoot

ETA: Actually @Steven Crook just continue the discussion in the existing thread below. I didn't notice that it's essentially a duplicate of this thread.
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....6#pid37206.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub