Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Pi 4 NAS connection failures
One thing that puzzles me is the string in the Mount Flags box. Is tha entered manually, and how the heck do you know what to enter there?
Thinking I'll just play files that are on my PI4 flash drive in the short term. Need to get on with the rest of my life for now. Maybe I'll come back to this in a few days. SIGH!
(05-07-2021, 09:36 PM)eetechtom Wrote: One thing that puzzles me is the string in the Mount Flags box. Is tha entered manually, and how the heck do you know what to enter there?

Should not be a need to modify that string. I didn't [1].

Regards,
Kent

[1] Full disclosure: In any case, you can see how the parameter values in the moOde string show up in the mount command. If that differs from what your server configuration requires then you'll have to do some customization.
I started out using NFS to connect to my Synology NAS and found that the hardest bit was getting the permissions right on the NAS end. It ended up needing my to set a parameter to "squash" the user into admin permissions (I think that's what it was called, this was almost a year ago). In the end I swapped to an SMB share because the NFS one refused to remain active and I had to keep remounting it.
----------------
Robert
I’m going to try a SMB connection today, will post results later today.