Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Tracks don't advance w/bubbleUPnP
hello,
After a few days happy user of MoodeAudio, the tracks on the playlist don't advance anymore (I mean, when one song finishes, the next one doesn't start playing)... Can someone help?

Notes:

I use bubble UPnP to play the music on a raspberry pi with MoodeAudio as renderer.

It must be the latest version of moode as I downloaded it only one week ago.

Bubble UPnP has several options that supposedly can cause the advance track to stop working on certain renderers, but i have those all disabled.

Tracks were advancing perfectly until yesterday, and i did not change anything since then, it just stopped working.

Thank you in advance for your help or experiences.
Check that your UPnP service type is set to UPnP-AV in the settings... Audio > UPnP/DLNA > [EDIT] UPnP Config
I had a similar thing where BubbleUPnP would only queue one track when playing an album, it only happened when the UPnP service type in Moode was set to Openhome so setting to UPnP-AV fixed that for me.
(05-14-2021, 05:13 PM)vinnn Wrote: Check that your UPnP service type is set to UPnP-AV in the settings... Audio > UPnP/DLNA > [EDIT] UPnP Config
I had a similar thing where BubbleUPnP would only queue one track when playing an album, it only happened when the UPnP service type in Moode was set to Openhome so setting to UPnP-AV fixed that for me.

Yes it is.
For me it was working fine until yesterday, that's what puzzles me
How very odd, my experience is that the OpenHome renderer works much better. For me AV only queues one track at once (although it does advance) while OH queues the whole playlist and play controls on either Bubble or moOde will work. I have found that on occasion the UPnP "stack" can get some stale connections in it (where one of the devices remembers an older connection that rest of the system) and that causes odd behaviour such as this. Rebooting each device (control point, renderer and server) fixes it.
----------------
Robert
Thank you Bertrum,

So I selected now OpenHome and the tracks advance perfectly now. Also, as you described, now I can see all the Playlist in Moode's interface, while with AV I could only see the song playing (I thought this was odd, but normal).

Thank you guys, it was starting to be annoying to have to advance manually every song ?
Wierd huh, well there ya go. Either one or the other makes a difference.