Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Just re-subscribed
Hi Tim

If the problem is unwelcome posts then perhaps your script that prunes 0-post accounts could instead just change the account's settings to needing messages moderated after a certain time subscribed.

Adrian.
(05-25-2021, 04:51 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi Tim

If the problem is unwelcome posts then perhaps your script that prunes 0-post accounts could instead just change the account's settings to needing messages moderated after a certain time subscribed.

Adrian.

I know that Tim has said in the past that the burden of moderating posts would be quite time consuming and detract from time spent developing the wonderfulness of MoOde.

Perhaps some of us long time users could step up and share this task.... Smile 
I volunteer and also nominate you Adrian Wink 

Cheers all,
bob
----------
bob
lol, the problem is not unwelcome posts. The Mods deal with these quite effectively which is why our Forum is relatively spam and troll free :-)

The problem is that there are thousands of suspicious 0-post accounts sitting around no doubt to be used by spammers and trolls. Pruning them would mean even less spam to deal with :-) but among those accounts are a small number of legit accounts. There is no way that I know of to distinguish between legit and spam account so we must leave all the accounts in place.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim

It is rare that I see unwelcome messages, so well done to you and mod team!

Adrian.
Hi Bob

Thanks for the nomination!

Adrian.
Can't you just delete all 0-post accounts and have the legit users create new accounts if and when they want?
I'm pretty sure that lightning would strike me if legit accounts started getting pruned :-0
Enjoy the Music!
Well, if it solves a bigger problem who cares, it would not bother me having to create a new account. It’ s happened before with the number of forums I have joined over the years.
The challenge is to find a way to prune the bogus accounts while preserving the legit accounts or alternatively we grandfather all the existing 0-post accounts and implement something that prevents bogus accounts going forward.

I'm no expert on Forum admin so maybe someone with such expertise will offer some advice :-)
Enjoy the Music!
Hello everybody!
I joined you last year and am very happy with Moode. I did not need to ask questions, I found all the answers in existing topics. My previous account was deleted, although I donated from it.
This post is intended to ensure that this account is not deleted.