Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: iPad Mini 1 - no access to MOODE GUI
Hello Folks,

first of all I would like to express my thanks to the developers and supporters of MOODE, really a wonderful piece of Software.

I am using MOODE 7.2.1 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and a HifiBerry Digi+ Card, the system was set up from scratch just two weeks ago. The RPi is set to a static IP adresse and only connected via WIFI. My amplifier is connected via TOSLINK optical wire to the RPi. The system is basically working well, I have access to the MOODE GUI from my destop PC as well as from my iPAD Air or my iPhone. BUT: I cannot access the MOODE GUI from my iPad Mini 1. I have to admit that I wanted to use my (old but in very good shape) iPad Mini 1 as screen for the MOODE audio system to avoid scrapping the iPad and saving to buy a new screen.

When opening the Moode GUI website either via IP Adress (as said: static IP) or via moode.local, the Safari browser on the iPAD Mini 1 displays a dark grey surface with the "Moode Menu Buttom" m in the upper right corner, but nothing else (see also the attached picture). I tried several attempts to fix this:

- my iPad Mini has web access and is in the same network segment as all my other devices. For example, I can access the GUI of another RPi running OpenMediaVault, as well as Google search.
- my iPad Mini uses IOS 9.3.5 which is apparently the last issued IOS version, ie no iPad firmware update possible.
- I erased Safari browser cache, which requires to go to settings - Safari, erasing website data and browser history, done already several times
- I checked that JavaScript is switched on (not knowing whether Java is required for MOODE)
- I installed the last available versions of Chrome and Dolphin browser, but both show the exact same behaviour as Safari
- and cross- checked: my MOODE system is always working fine from other sources, means from another iPad (iPad Air), from my iPhone, from my PC

My conclusion: I do not believe there is a mistake on the configuration of my RPi as it is basically working, I fear that the iPad Mini 1 is so old that it can not display the GUI correctly.

This is what I wanted to ask here: do you have an idea what I could do to get my iPad Mini 1 accessing the MOODE GUI?

Thanks for hints or recommendations.

Quote:My conclusion: I do not believe there is a mistake on the configuration of my RPi as it is basically working, I fear that the iPad Mini 1 is so old that it can not display the GUI correctly.

I tend to think that you are correct.  While it was good debugging to try several browsers, they all rely on the underlying Safari rendering engine, so I'm not surprised that the results were the same.

I wonder if this is related to what you've seen:  

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1640
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess
ROFL, I thought I'd get the blame at some point!

@swizzle fixed it in version 6.2, but it then dropped off again in version 7.0.
(05-25-2021, 02:32 PM)suzywong Wrote: ROFL, I thought I'd get the blame at some point!

Swizzle fixed it in version 6.2, but it then dropped off again in version 7.0.

You get the credit, not the blame, for documenting it so well.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Cheers!
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess
From version 7.0 with my old Ipad 4 (IOS 10.3.4) the author column and the album column are empty in the "libray tag" view.

I think that is the same issue relatd to Safari browser because this problem appears with all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
Would be nice if the old fix could be ported into the current code.
I'm not sure what the fix was but I don't recall anything explicitly being removed. Maybe @swizzle remembers?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Any chance of a fix? I guess I own too many outdated devices! iPad mini, ipad2 and old kindle fire, all with just an “m” in the top right corner.
My iPad mini 2 with IOS 12.5.4 runs moOde well but older devices prolly have Browser HTML and Javascript interpreters that are not compatible with moOde code.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub