Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Digi+ Pro Revision 1.2 on moode 7 Rpi3b
Hi everyone,

first, I like to greet this community and thank the developers for this piece of software which I enjoyed a lot within the last years in multiple configurations.
Atm I am running mood on two Rpis 3b in the flat and one in my mom's place with hifiberry amp2 (which needs it set to "HiFiBerry DAC+" instead of "HiFiBerry AMP 2") and am quite happy with stability and experience.

Then there is this Digi+ Pro hat that I had lying around for quite some time and finally want to put it to use in my old Saab equipped with a mosconi gladen dsp and an optical in. The Rpi3 has a StromPi and LiFePO battery to minimize unnecessary reboots. For testing i leave the StromPi and battery disconnected and test at home with an optical cable going to an arcam dac.

Issue #1: as mentioned in this post http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...light=digi I am able to get sound from optical out when setting device and dt-overlay to "none", rebooting and choosing the digi+ pro from the mpd settings "snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi" (defaults to hdmi1). This way I get sound from the optical out and can play files as desired =  Smile
Unfortunately as soon as restarting or shutting down the Rpi I get "Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Device or resource busy" when I try any kind of track =  Sad

When using any of the other Digi+ options from menu or DToverlay, reboot and play a track I always get

Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such file or directory

or

Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": Device or resource busy

Question #1: Why are the Hifiberry hats listed twice with multiple names ("HIFI Digi+", "HiFiberry Digi+ Pro", in the list?
Question #2: What settings do other users use for getting the Digi+ Pro work on their Rpi3s?

Thanks in advance!
Start with a fresh 721 image from moodeaudio.org

Open Audio Config and select your I2S board from the "Named device" list, click SET, reboot then post the startup log using the command below.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Shocked 
(06-05-2021, 02:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Start with a fresh 721 image from moodeaudio.org

Open Audio Config and select your I2S board from the "Named device" list, click SET, reboot then post the startup log using the command below.

Code:
moodeutl -l

Hi Tim,

thanks for the quick reply and - as mentioned before - this great piece of software.

After I was not able to get any further with my already up-to-date 7.21 I chose anothe SD-Card flashed 7.21 again and everything is fine now. Did not think of the sdcard before.

Now I can choose "Named device" "HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro" and after reboot it works immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Using "none" instead and choosing "DT overlay" "hifiberry digi" works as well. Is there any difference in those two options?

Thanks!
No diff in those two for the digi+ because that board has no chip options or DSP features.

Boards that have chip options or DSP features that have been integrated into the Moode UI will be listed in the Named device dropdown. All other boards with chip options, DSP, etc can be configured via the DT overlay dropdown. Their chip options and DSP would need to be accessed via ALSA commands or vendor utilities.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub