Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Problem: Disappointing sound quality with Moode on Pi 3 B+ and USB DAC/amplifier
Hi, I've used to run moOde on Rpi/3B+ with USB DAC with excellent results before switching to an PCM5122 based discrete DAC HAT, to be more specific with an Emotiva PT-100 Preamp/DAC, though I personally set moOde to 0dB fixed output and the rest also on flat as possible, then let my audio rig do the rest regardless if using USB or discrete DAC.

Also discarding the possible input clipping as previously denoted above, audio quality may also be compromised with USB devices with poor USB driver support, i.e. generic/open source vs proprietary drivers etc., so I would test with another USB DAC just to be sure before jump in to deep troubleshooting.

P.S. Looks like the NuForce DDA-100 is based on the Infineon SAB2403EN1 v2.x chip, but I don't see it under the Audiophile Linux hardware list, sorry did overlooked, it is indeed supported, some specs here.

Regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappointing sound quality with Moode on Pi 3 B+ and USB DAC/amplifier - by JoseMR - 06-05-2021, 09:01 PM