Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Convolved output with an external input?
Hey all

Not sure if this is possible (yet), but how about routing the 2-channel output from an external source (I.e., a phono preamp) into an audio interface (something with enough output channels and alsa support) into Moode and then go through CamilaDSP's convolution engine and output back through the audio interface to amps->speakers?  Thinking of a pair of a 3-way speakers (so 6 outputs necessary from an audio device).

Crossovers / room correction would be done with Audiolense to create the convolution filters.  

I had been doing something similar a handful of years back with JRMC but really want to dip my toes back into it (convolution and analog sources) with Moode and something like a Pi4.

Thanks!!!
Jim
I think CamillaDSP works only for 2 way, and good luck finding DACs with more than 2 outputs. But you can use room correction with only 2 outputs to your amp without any problem.
And about input, some people did that through USB, I think. You need to search the forum or maybe somebody will tell you here how to do it.
(06-11-2021, 03:54 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: I think CamillaDSP works only for 2 way, and good luck finding DACs with more than 2 outputs. But you can use room correction with only 2 outputs to your amp without any problem.
And about input, some people did that through USB, I think. You need to search the forum or maybe somebody will tell you here how to do it.

Re: the 2-way only aspect, where did you see that?  

DACs with more than 2 outputs are easy to find.  Used in pro audio and usually marketed as "audio interfaces".  The one I'm closely looking at, the Motu Ultralike mk5, has 10 balanced outputs (sabre32 DAC-based) and is $595 retail.

-Jim
In Camilla's page it shows a 2-way example, I interpreted wrongly as only 2-way I guess.
Yes the MOTU, I was thinking hat or regular dac, not $600 dac.
No problem Camilladsp supports multi channel. Only with the Pi you need an USB (supported by the Pi) or HDMI DAC, because the hats with i2s only support 2 channels.

See also the following thread http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3727
Awesome, thank you!

How about directing an external input (like a turntable for instance) from a linux-friendly interface into the camilladsp?

-Jim