Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

I Heart Radio
As much as I enjoy listening to my CD collection, I also enjoy the variety radio offers.  I would love it if Moode offered a way to listen to I Heart Radio simply because they offer streams of many radio stations.  I have no vested interest in I Heart and I'm sure there are other better sites.  I'm just simply looking to expand wider than what Soma offers.

I found the following method for using the PI to listen to I Heart Radio.  I haven't tested it yet, but thought I'd share as it would be great if something like it (or the framework to run snaps) was integrated into Moode.

https://snapcraft.io/iheartradio

What I've run into is many radio stations have live streams but they use an app to be able to listen to them.  I haven't found a way to be able to listen using the radio interface in Moode and it seems like more and more stations are moving away from easily accessible streams and instead using streaming apps.

Perhaps I'm a dolt and missing something so if folks know of an easy way to listen to most radio station streams I'd love to know about it!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Steve
If you can listen to a radio stream in your browser, you can create an entry for it in moOde. If you use Firefox or Chrome (probably other, but I've not tried), you can easily find the actual URL of the stream using the "developer tools" built in to the browser. Open the tools and find the network analysis page, filter it to show media links then press play on the radio stream. The tool will show you the URL which you can copy and use in the add station dialogue in moOde.
----------------
Robert
Bertrum,

Just wanted to say thank you for the help!  I followed your instructions and was able to add the stream I was hoping to.  Those instructions ought to be added to the Moode instruction writeup.  I had searched several times trying to figure it out but was unsuccessful.  I've been dealing with this for quite a long time and was even looking for Moode alternatives (not that I wanted to) because I didn't think it could do it.  Now to start building a list of stations with wider variety...

Again, I really appreciate the help!

Please disregard my feature request.

Thank you,

Steve
Excellent advice from @the_bertrum  !

There is also a great resource for exploring stations, (recommended by @TheOldPresbyope )

https://www.radio-browser.info/#/

27,000+ stations and easy access to their playable streams for use in MoOde.
----------
bob
I thought I'd writeup another way to handle this since I've been exploring ;-)

These directions apply to FireFox:

Go to the radio station internet page you want to listen to. Click on the Listen (or Play) button so the music is playing through your PC speakers.

From the browser menu, click on TOOLS then choose PAGE INFO.

It will open a new popup window. In the new window, click on the MEDIA tab.

In the popup window, at the top, will be four lines containing address gobbly-gook. In the header, the first column is ADDRESS and the next is TYPE. Click on TYPE. It will sort and put the audio stream link at the top of the list.

Click on the audio entry.

The audio link will be displayed under location in the lower half of the popup box.

Simply highlight, copy and paste into Moode in the PLAYABLE URL field for your new station entry.
Thx Drone I appreciate the help!

Now I have LOTS of exploring to do...

:-)