Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Failing to setup a shared folder from Windows 10
Hello!
Just got started with my first Pi/Moode build. I managed to get Spotify Connect going just fine, PERFECT!

What I fail to do though is to have a folder on my computer's C: drive that a can share and use as a music source.
I might be going for a bigger NAS setup at a later stage, but for the moment I just want a simple folder to try things out a bit.

When I try to do it I get the error message "Share cannot be blank".

How would I go on from scratch to set up a folder like that?
I think I might be missing some important step.
A little help to a beginning Moode sailor would be of great help.
When you create a shared folder on your computer it's given a name which is typically the folder name. For example on my Mac which is named LT5 I have the folder ~/Documents/Audio/FLAC.

In the Mac's sharing utility I select the FLAC folder and it creates a Samba share named FLAC. The folder is accessed by connecting to smb://LT5/FLAC from a file manager.

In moOde the config is shown in the screenies below. I select LT5 from the SCAN then EDIT the path to add the share name FLAC. I'm using userid Guest, no password and the made up alias MAC-FLAC.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
If it is Windows you are using, right click on the folder with the music in, select properties. On there there will be a share tab, set the parameters in there and apress apply. The "share name" will be shown on that share tab and you can use that in the "path" bit of the moOde interface. You drop the // from the front in moOde though.
----------------
Robert
(06-16-2021, 09:27 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When you create a shared folder on your computer it's given a name which is typically the folder name. For example on my Mac which is named LT5 I have the folder ~/Documents/Audio/FLAC.

In the Mac's sharing utility I select the FLAC folder and it creates a Samba share named FLAC. The folder is accessed by connecting to smb://LT5/FLAC from a file manager.

In moOde the config is shown in the screenies below. I select LT5 from the SCAN then EDIT the path to add the share name FLAC. I'm using userid Guest, no password and the made up alias MAC-FLAC.

Thanks for the replies. By reading the text one letter at the time I realized that I used \ instead of / :-)
And now it worked!
I'm showcasing my ignorance to the world to hopefully help some other idiot.
When I just copied the path it was PC-NAME\Folder instead of PC-NAME/Folder

Anyway. Thanks for the help! Looking forward to exploring streaming more!