Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Measurement Sweep - incomplete play
(06-18-2021, 05:38 PM)timedelay Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 01:08 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @timedelay

So, more changes occurred between REW V5.19 and V5.20_RC11 than I thought. (V5.19 is available to all from the landing page; I had to create an account and login to gain access to V5.20_RC11. Seems like they haven't convinced themselves it's ready for prime time.)

Yes, I now get both opening and closing timing reference pulses in the generated measurement sweep file, same as you do.

I couldn't stop myself from pulling a moOde player out of the nearest packing box and powering it up. It turns out to be running test release 1 of moOde 7.3.0 so not quite the 7.2.1 you likely are running. In particular, this is running MPD v0.22.8_p0x3. 

Still, I scp'ed the newly generated sweep file over to moOde's SDCARD and played it. I hear both the opening and the closing pips.

RPi4B --> Creative Tech USB/BT adapter --> Sennheiser HD4.50BTNC earphones.

Code:
                     Audio Information
INPUT / OUTPUT
Source        SDCARD/Test/512kMeasSweep_50_to_500_48k_PCM16_LR_refL.wav
Encoded at    16 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo PCM
Decoded to    16 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo, 1.536 Mbps
Destination   Local
Output rate   16 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo, 1.536 Mbps

Regards,
Kent

I have not try to load it to the sd card yet. I will try it. Thanks. I will update after I try it.

Some more questions. How did you play the wav file? Through a web browser? WAv file is on the SDcard, but was the SDcard on the Raspberry Pi or on another computer?
(06-18-2021, 07:07 PM)timedelay Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 05:38 PM)timedelay Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 01:08 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @timedelay

So, more changes occurred between REW V5.19 and V5.20_RC11 than I thought. (V5.19 is available to all from the landing page; I had to create an account and login to gain access to V5.20_RC11. Seems like they haven't convinced themselves it's ready for prime time.)

Yes, I now get both opening and closing timing reference pulses in the generated measurement sweep file, same as you do.

I couldn't stop myself from pulling a moOde player out of the nearest packing box and powering it up. It turns out to be running test release 1 of moOde 7.3.0 so not quite the 7.2.1 you likely are running. In particular, this is running MPD v0.22.8_p0x3. 

Still, I scp'ed the newly generated sweep file over to moOde's SDCARD and played it. I hear both the opening and the closing pips.

RPi4B --> Creative Tech USB/BT adapter --> Sennheiser HD4.50BTNC earphones.

Code:
                     Audio Information
INPUT / OUTPUT
Source        SDCARD/Test/512kMeasSweep_50_to_500_48k_PCM16_LR_refL.wav
Encoded at    16 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo PCM
Decoded to    16 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo, 1.536 Mbps
Destination   Local
Output rate   16 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo, 1.536 Mbps

Regards,
Kent

I have not try to load it to the sd card yet. I will try it. Thanks. I will update after I try it.

Some more questions. How did you play the wav file? Through a web browser? WAv file is on the SDcard, but was the SDcard on the Raspberry Pi or on another computer?

Copy it to the SDCARD. Then from within the moOdeUI in your favorite web browser go to the Library view, click on the icon to the left of SDCARD, and select "Update this folder". When the smoke clears (just kidding...when the spinner stops), click on SDCARD and drill down to the file. Select Play.
@timedelay

It occurs to me that my "Copy it to the SDCARD" might have been too cryptic.

To be scanned by MPD, music files must be in the /mnt/SDCARD directory. How you get them there depends on the method of transfer you are using.

1) easy way: when moOde is up and running it exposes all of MPD's music directories via Samba (SMB) shares: NAS, Playlists, Radio, SDCard. You can access these shares from a Windows, MacOS, or Linux host via your LAN. For example, I'm using the Caja file manager on my Linux host. If I look for shares on my Network I see my moOde host. I drill down through it to SDCard (note, you'll get a prompt for the moOde login credentials) and create subdirectories, copy over music files, etc.

2) almost easy way: when an SDCard with moOde installed on it is plugged into another computer it will show up as a drive with file systems in two different partitions: boot and rootfs. The /mnt/SDCARD directory is in the rootfs file system. You can manipulate subdirectories and files directly. I have done this only on Linux hosts so can't comment about using other OSes.

3) more techie way: when moOde is up and running one can copy files directly over the LAN using scp on another host. Because of the permissions system on moOde, I find it easiest to copy them as user pi to user pi's home directory and then ssh to moOde so I can move them to the /mnt/SDCARD directory as superuser. If you know what this means, then you know how. If you don't then stick to 1) or 2).

Regards,
Kent
(06-19-2021, 10:05 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @timedelay

It occurs to me that my "Copy it to the SDCARD" might have been too cryptic.

To be scanned by MPD, music files must be in the /mnt/SDCARD directory. How you get them there depends on the method of transfer you are using.

1) easy way: when moOde is up and running it exposes all of MPD's music directories via Samba (SMB) shares: NAS, Playlists, Radio, SDCard. You can access these shares from a Windows, MacOS, or Linux host via your LAN. For example, I'm using the Caja file manager on my Linux host. If I look for shares on my Network I see my moOde host. I drill down through it to SDCard (note, you'll get a prompt for the moOde login credentials) and create subdirectories, copy over music files, etc.

2) almost easy way: when an SDCard with moOde installed on it is plugged into another computer it will show up as a drive with file systems in two different partitions: boot and rootfs. The /mnt/SDCARD directory is in the rootfs file system. You can manipulate subdirectories and files directly. I have done this only on Linux hosts so can't comment about using other OSes.

3) more techie way: when moOde is up and running one can copy files directly over the LAN using scp on another host. Because of the permissions system on moOde, I find it easiest to copy them as user pi to user pi's home directory and then ssh to moOde so I can move them to the /mnt/SDCARD directory as superuser. If you know what this means, then you know how. If you don't then stick to 1) or 2).

Regards,
Kent
I tried 3 first but gave up quickly on the permission, but 1 was easy through Mac or Windows.

Anyway. I still could not hear the 2nd time code. I do not know why it does not work.

Finally, I tried Foobar2000 on the Mac and the Windows machine. Playing the sweep to the moOde upnp and that worked, so I got the sweep measurement imported into the rew. I am working on testing different filters now for my room.

Thanks for helping out. I do not know why I could not get it to work the other way. Moving on to listening music.