Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bluetooth - Paired but can't connect
You haven't provided any proof that there is an issue with the version of Bluetooth that ships with moOde. The controller address never changes on any of my Raspberry Pi's including the two Pi-4 models I use for testing.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I'm not trying to provide proof of anything - I was genuinely just trying to be helpful. You can't reproduce it so there's nothing else you can do.
I've left the transcript of the terminal session with my MAC address changing in case anyone else has a similar issue, they can see what happened with my Pi4 and how I got round it. Laters
(10-09-2021, 03:43 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @daveozzz

Sorry, I can't repro your experience. I can re-establish the Bluetooth connection from my Pixel 3A without issue when I powercycle my moOde player.

One curious thing is the error message

Code:
Oct  9 15:09:37 moode bluetoothd[2073]: Authentication attempt without agent

You could try making bluetoothd "trust" your phone. Something like

Code:
pi@moode:~$ sudo bluetoothctl
[bluetooth] trust xx.xx.xx.xx
[bluetooth] exit

where xx.xx.xx.xx is the MAC address of your phone's bluetooth controller.

Note that this is not necessary for my Pixel 3A. I have no non-Google Android devices to test with.

Regards,
Kent

Hi world. Also having problems with release 7.4.1 and a PI 4. Using the trust command in bluetoothctl worked for me. Probably wont survive reboot...
I found a workaround, I think. By opening the BlueZ config page and FIRST pairing with the client device, it seems to work. After this is done, other devices can pair, seemingly.
I have the same "failure to connect" issue with a new Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) and Moode 7.4.1 2021-10-02. The onboard Bluetooth will pair but won't connect to either my Android phone (Moto G Play) or Windows laptop, but I can plug a cheap Bluetooth USB dongle into the Raspberry Pi and can pair and play music through that, just in case that helps someone.