Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Music Library cleanup (Deleted Albums still visible)
Information 
Hi everybody!

I'm using moode for quite some time and am still amazed, so first a big thankyou to Tim Curtis and all contributors. 

Setup:
RPi 3B+ with Hifiberry DAC+, USB HDD (as music source) with own PSU.

Problem:
Deleted Albums / Files are still visible.

Things I've done:
As my Pi is not running permanently, I power it off and unplug the USB HDD and connect it to a random Windows machine to copy or delete music. I always delete whole folders. 

File structure:

-Root of ext. USB HDD
--Artist1
---Album1
---Album2

After reconnecting the USB HDD to the Raspberry I power it up again and do [m] -> Update Library.

New music is being found flawlessly, but some of the deleted albums are still visible. 

Most stupid effect of this occurs when I replace an album I have as MP3 with the same album as FLACs. Then library shows me each track of this album two times, once for the deleted MP3 and once for the existing FLAC.

I also did [m] -> Configure -> Library -> [Music Database] Regenerate without solving my problem.

Question:
What is the correct doing / process to remove deleted music from the library?

Thank you so much in advance

Rik
Delete them using a File Manager then using the File manager or command line utility make sure there are no hidden directories, files, trash folders, etc.

Then in moOde

- Menu, Update library
or
- Menu, Configure, Library Regenerate music Library (stay on the screen until the progress spinner disappears)

The Moode log will contain statistics from the Library update / regenerate

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-24-2021, 02:57 PM)RikRokk Wrote: unplug the USB HDD and connect it to a random Windows machine to copy or delete music. I always delete whole folders. 

Make sure you delete the recycle bin from your USB HDD because Moode could be picking up the files from there.
Have You tryed cleaning up Your browsers history ?
(06-24-2021, 06:37 PM)Soldeed Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 02:57 PM)RikRokk Wrote: unplug the USB HDD and connect it to a random Windows machine to copy or delete music. I always delete whole folders. 

Make sure you delete the recycle bin from your USB HDD because Moode could be picking up the files from there.
Thank you for your answer, this made me think. I took a little dive into the Recycle Bin differences between Linux and Windows and that helped to understand a lot. Seems like both Operating Systems have different types or techniques for the Recycle Bin, which are not compatible to each other. So deleting a file into the Recycle Bin just means for it to be marked as to be overwritten and not visible in the filesystem (setting some kind of flag), where as permanently deleting means to free the disk space immediately.

I looked up the properties of my ext. USB HDD in Windows Exploder, went to [general]-tab and then clicked [Disk Cleanup]. Et voilá: 2.4GB to be freed from the Recycle Bin. THAT DID THE TRICK! Problem solved.

(06-24-2021, 09:40 PM)Cyberguy Wrote: Have You tryed cleaning up Your browsers history ?
Thank you for your answer. Honestly didn't think about that in the first place, but makes sense after all. 

Best,
Rik
(06-24-2021, 04:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Delete them using a File Manager then using the File manager or command line utility make sure there are no hidden directories, files, trash folders, etc.

Then in moOde

- Menu, Update library
or
- Menu, Configure, Library Regenerate music Library (stay on the screen until the progress spinner disappears)

The Moode log will contain statistics from the Library update / regenerate

Code:
moodeutl -l
Thank you for your answer. Emptying the Recycle Bin on the ext. USB HDD has been the solution.  Angel