Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Tag View - Display oddities
(06-25-2021, 06:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Given that Tagging is so easy and highly automated in ripping/downloading apps, falling back to using parts of the underlying directory/file structure for missing tags is completely unnecessary.

OK. I have found the easy way of adding Tag Data to the ripped FLAC Files using Windows File Explorer and the Details Tab in the Properties View.

It is quite time consuming but fortunately, the occurrence of CDs without Metadata found automatically is fairly rare. It does however allow me to patch the few tracks that I converted from Vinyl to CD using MAGIX Software and have now ripped to FLAC.

I would like to mark this thread as Solved but the Edit button is obscured by one of those in-line Advert windows Angry Rolleyes
I can take care of that :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-28-2021, 10:44 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 06:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Given that Tagging is so easy and highly automated in ripping/downloading apps, falling back to using parts of the underlying directory/file structure for missing tags is completely unnecessary.

OK. I have found the easy way of adding Tag Data to the ripped FLAC Files using Windows File Explorer and the Details Tab in the Properties View.

It is quite time consuming but fortunately, the occurrence of CDs without Metadata found automatically is fairly rare. It does however allow me to patch the few tracks that I converted from Vinyl to CD using MAGIX Software and have now ripped to FLAC.

I would like to mark this thread as Solved but the Edit button is obscured by one of those in-line Advert windows Angry Rolleyes

I use PerfectTunes (from Illustrate) to update metadata, but there is also Mp3Tag (free) that does a good job.  These programs have a much 'friendlier' interface that File Explorer.

Regards,
Geoff