Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Introducing myself
Hello,

I wanted since long get rid of  my CD's by digitalising them but I had not found a solution I liked. Finally I had them all on a synology NAS but no player I had tested some). I read something about Raspberry PI and, from forum to ,I decided to go for this sollution  having no clue about Linux and thprograming stuff.
I bought a RP 3 and started with different programs but sound quality was not there so I bought a  hat DAC from Hiberry and started with Volumio. Quality was much better but not so happy. By chance I came to a french forum (yes I am french) where they had tested Moode . Why not! Let's go for it .
Some hours later, finally It was working and I was really happy with the sound quality. I went back to some other programs I had tested earlier but finally Moode was the best to my ears. Everything is (almost) perfect except I cant drive it from mi Ipad 2.
I have a nice m in the upper right corner but nothing else. It works fine with my Iphone or my laptop but no way with the old Ipad. I will find a way anyway, going through the forum
Have a nice day and best
(06-26-2021, 03:49 PM)philippej Wrote: Hello,

I wanted since long get rid of  my CD's by digitalising them but I had not found a solution I liked. Finally I had them all on a synology NAS but no player I had tested some). I read something about Raspberry PI and, from forum to ,I decided to go for this sollution  having no clue about Linux and thprograming stuff.
I bought a RP 3 and started with different programs but sound quality was not there so I bought a  hat DAC from Hiberry and started with Volumio. Quality was much better but not so happy. By chance I came to a french forum (yes I am french) where they had tested Moode . Why not! Let's go for it .
Some hours later, finally It was working and I was really happy with the sound quality. I went back to some other programs I had tested earlier but finally Moode was the best to my ears. Everything is (almost) perfect except I cant drive it from mi Ipad 2.
I have a nice m in the upper right corner but nothing else. It works fine with my Iphone or my laptop but no way with the old Ipad. I will find a way anyway, going through the forum
Have a nice day and best

Bonjour Philippe!

Pour le iPad, est-ce que t'as essayé Chrome ou Firefox comme browser? Ça ce peut que MoOde ne fonctionne pas avec Safari, mais normalement ça va fonctionner avec Firefox.

(Just read the forum rule about posting in English. Oops. As is probably obvious, I'm suggesting trying Firefox or Chrome rather than the iPad's built-in Safari).

Ian
Another option is to try an MPD control app. You won't get the lovely moOde interface, but you can still control the playback.
----------------
Robert
@philippej

The suggestion from @dr.diem to try a 3rd party web browser is a good one but it may not help with iOS.

Apple stopped supporting the iPad2 in 2016 so yours is stuck with a relatively ancient version of iOS including its WebKit framework and WebKit Javascript.

Apple App Store policy is that all iOS apps which browse the web must use the Webkit. Thus it would seem likely any 3rd party iOS browser will (mis)behave in the same way as iOS Safari does.

Regards,
Kent

PS - Sorry, I'd like to be able to state the earliest version of iOS still capable of running the current moOde WebUI but I don't know what it is.
Hello,

I have tried different web browsers but result is more or less the same (with some I don't even get the M).
I will try an MPD contols app. Have you any to suggest? Thanks to all anyway