Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Simple GUI improvements
Brainwave: in "the clock" add "+ mm:ss".
The mm:ss needs only updating when switching to the next song.
(Saves some expensive coding effort)
The Time knob looks too busy to my eye with the additional data. It might be possible to do a snap shot of the Queue time and display it on the ... context menu. Something like that.

Heres a script that prints the Queue time.

Code:
mpc playlist -f '%time%' | tr ':' ' '  | grep -v -e '^$' | awk '
   BEGIN {i = 0}
   {i += $1*60 + $2}
   END{
       if (int(i/3600) > 0)
           print int(i/3600) "h " int((i%3600)/60) "m " int(i%60) "s"
       else if (int(i) > 0)
           print int((i%3600)/60) "m " int(i%60) "s"
       else
           print "(empty)"
   }'
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-27-2021, 08:44 PM)arnes Wrote: First, I would like to compliment the developers for doing an outstanding job. I have been using moode for a week and compared it extensively to Volumio, Rune, LMS but I also have experience with Audirvana, ROON among other players. Moode is my preferred solution for streaming to my Chord Dave. Wished to share some feedback that I hope can improve the UI experience.

All issues noted below pertain to the Library > Album View > Browse by Artist/Year view

Inconsistent behavior when clicking on “Artist” name (artist name displayed under the album thumbnail)

Description: Clicking on the artist name has no effect. However, clicking on the artist name appearing under the album thumbnail in the “show tracks” panel changes the view to “Albums by Artist”

Current behaviour: No action

Suggested behaviour: Change view to “Library > Album View > Albums by Artist” when clicking on the artist name appearing under the album thumbnail.

Reason for change: This behavior is inconsistent. 

Incorrect position displayed for album year

Description: Album year appears beside the artist name

Current behaviour: Album year appears beside the artist name

Suggested behaviour: Album year should appear either beside the album name or the year should be removed entirely (to free up space, keep UI minimal)

Reason for change: Year does not pertain to the artist it pertains to the year the album was recorded/released. If the decision to add the year to the Artist name was to save space on the album title line consider removing the year altogether. The album year information already appears in several other places and albums are already correctly sorted by year, therefore it’s less important to display the information in the library view.

Request new feature - one touch action for “show track” panel

Description: one touch action automatically opens the show track panel when set to this new option.

Current behaviour: N/A

Suggested behaviour: N/A

Reason for change: Under preferences, “one touch action” can be changed to “no action” - this allows for the selection of an album without a corresponding action. However this is only useful if you would like to switch between albums with “show track” panel enabled, otherwise there is no other apparent function. Bonus feature, consider automatically hiding the “show track” panel when clicking away on any empty space within the album panel.

One touch options are like below for upcoming r740. When set to "Show tracks" tapping the album cover toggles between showing/hiding the tracks.

Enjoy the Music!
(08-18-2021, 09:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 08:44 PM)arnes Wrote: First, I would like to compliment the developers for doing an outstanding job. I have been using moode for a week and compared it extensively to Volumio, Rune, LMS but I also have experience with Audirvana, ROON among other players. Moode is my preferred solution for streaming to my Chord Dave. Wished to share some feedback that I hope can improve the UI experience.

All issues noted below pertain to the Library > Album View > Browse by Artist/Year view

Inconsistent behavior when clicking on “Artist” name (artist name displayed under the album thumbnail)

Description: Clicking on the artist name has no effect. However, clicking on the artist name appearing under the album thumbnail in the “show tracks” panel changes the view to “Albums by Artist”

Suggested behaviour: Change view to “Library > Album View > Albums by Artist” when clicking on the artist name appearing under the album thumbnail.

Suggested behaviour: Album year should appear either beside the album name or the year should be removed entirely (to free up space, keep UI minimal)

Reason for change: Year does not pertain to the artist it pertains to the year the album was recorded/released. If the decision to add the year to the Artist name was to save space on the album title line consider removing the year altogether. The album year information already appears in several other places and albums are already correctly sorted by year, therefore it’s less important to display the information in the library view.

Description: one touch action automatically opens the show track panel when set to this new option.

Reason for change: Under preferences, “one touch action” can be changed to “no action” - this allows for the selection of an album without a corresponding action. However this is only useful if you would like to switch between albums with “show track” panel enabled, otherwise there is no other apparent function. Bonus feature, consider automatically hiding the “show track” panel when clicking away on any empty space within the album panel.

One touch options are like below for upcoming r740. When set to "Show tracks" tapping the album cover toggles between showing/hiding the tracks.

That’s amazing! Excited for the next release and will be sure to drop a tip in the jar Wink
About theoretically possible improvements, I'm still waiting for a "composer's column". But I understood it is dependent on MPD...

It it the only thing I miss on moOde.
musical regards

y.
(08-18-2021, 09:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Is this in the TR Tim?  If it is, it ain't visible in my installation.
----------------
Robert
The Show tracks option is not in TR1 but I'll upload patch3 later this morning that will install the updated files.
Enjoy the Music!
Both DSD64 and DSD128 WavPack are displayed as "8/88.2 WavPack" (below the album cover). As there are also PCM WavPack files I would like to see a distinction between these and the bitrate. I Haven't figured out where the "8/" (8 bit?) stands for as the encoding is 24 bits.

"Audio Info" / "Track" also displays "8/88.2 WavPack". The "Hardware" tab displays the correct encoding (DSD64 or DSD128) and 1 bit.
Decoding DoP 24 bit......
Wavpack is not supported in moOde in terms of analyzing the format for audio information. You best bet would be to convert to DSF.
Enjoy the Music!
Thank you for the quick reply