Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.3.0 support thread
In Moode 7.3 my settings with the 'Quick Convolution filter' in Camilla are now reported as 'Config is not valid'. I get this error report no matter which IR type I select. I tried re-uploading the .wav files again but without success.
(07-11-2021, 01:02 PM)audiobeer Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:10 PM)audiobeer Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:00 PM)lachaine Wrote: Just found the problem:
Alsa output mode was set at default, I have to change it to direct,,,, fiou....

( I did not change nothing before the update!!)
?
Happened the same w me. That's the main reason I was checking this thread.

Also, I'm unable to find Moode Spotify on the oficial app. I am, however, able to find my laptop running spotify.
I started having issues with Moodle Spotify around 7.1 IIRC. Might go back

Made a new installation and everything is fine now, so I assume the update process is not flawless. Will keep latest version.

Thank you again for the excellent work Tim and others.
Cheers

OK,  similar problem here.  No audio, and  I get a error msg saying the following when I try to play:

>MPD error

>Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such file or directory

Moodutl -l results for the section of interest:

20210715 162430 worker: -- Audio debug
20210715 162430 worker: ALSA cards: (0:empty | 1:S3 | 2:empty | 3:empty
20210715 162430 worker: MPD config: (2:Schiit Modi 3 | mixerSadInvalid card number.) | card:2)
20210715 162430 worker: WARNING: No device found at MPD configured card 2

20210715 162449 worker: -- Feature availability
20210715 162449 worker: Source select (available)
20210715 162449 worker: Source select (source: MPD)
20210715 162449 worker: Source select (output: Schiit Modi 3)

20210715 162524 worker: ALSA Invalid card number. volume (Invalid card number.)

I get no change from the the above after changing from the ALSA plughw to hw,  though,  same error.

Thats what I got,  FWIW.   So, seems like I'll be trying the rewrite a new image method next...

BTW...  another couple of issues for Tim.

I notice the volume knob "click max increase",  or whatever we end up calling my little suggestion,  that limits how high the volume control will go on a random click on the dial (speaker and ear protection)  has stopped working on the updated to 7.3.0 player.   Was there and working fine in 7.2.1   You can now again click on the high side of the volume dial and blast to 90-100%

Second,  the new "display dB next to % on vol control" has no effect,  just see % only.

Update edit....

Installed a whole new 7.3.0 image.   And, the playing problems are gone.   Also, the volume increase limit function is back again, so that also apparently got hosed up by the update.

I still dont see a "dB" indication,  but oh well, not so worried about that.
Regarding the dB issue post the output from the command below. The dB value for front left and right should be in the output.

Code:
amixer -c2
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thumbs Up 
Just updated to 7.3.0 from 7.2.1 via inline update all went well with ALSA Output Mode changed to Direct (HW) as Stand Alone Player and Roon Endpoint
Then try Spotifiy connect, No Sound, which I've anticipated but wish do not happen.
Try to change ALSA Output Mode back to Default (plughw) with ALSA Loopback set to OFF, all work  Smile
Try change back the ALSA Output Mode to Direct (hw), again NO SOUND

Understood that fresh installation will remove this issue, but I'm too lazy to do it, and I can live with it for now, just need to set ALSA Output Mode to Default if I want to listen to Spotify and revert back to Direct if I want to listed as Roon Endpoint Smile Big Grin 
Many Thanks for the great sounding software 
FYI, My Set Up is  RPI> via USB Cable> Amanero based DIY USB DDC (Ian Canada board) >I2S via HDMI> R2R DAC

UPDATE: Notice in the audio info that with Direct (HW), audio format of Combo Amanero format is S32, so I edit the Spotify setting to S32 and Voila, all music  Big Grin Smile
Hi Tim,

Upgraded to 7.3 and everything went smoothlY except I now have the following error when setting the camilladsp quick convolution filter:

Config is not valid
Invalid config file!
filters: unknown variant `__IR_FORMAT__`, expected one of `TEXT`, `S16LE`, `S24LE`, `S24LE3`, `S32LE`, `FLOAT32LE`, `FLOAT64LE` at line 17 column 13

Config is not valid
Invalid config file!
filters: unknown variant `__IR_FORMAT__`, expected one of `TEXT`, `S16LE`, `S24LE`, `S24LE3`, `S32LE`, `FLOAT32LE`, `FLOAT64LE` at line 17 column 13
@phorize

Same here. See post #111.
@phorize @jonners please read the following thread an reply there;
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...R_FORMAT__
Thanks @bitlab, I hadn't seen that thread. I will check.
I recently performed the in place update to 7.3.0 on my 3 systems. On the Pi zero the lcdup.py no longer runs when the state changes. I had modified lcdup.py to light an led when the state changes to play. The customisation is still there - but lcdup.py is not being run on a state change. I checked lcd.txt and is is blank. Any ideas.
(08-09-2021, 02:05 AM)Britracer Wrote: I recently performed the in place update to 7.3.0 on my 3 systems. On the Pi zero the lcdup.py no longer runs when the state changes. I had modified lcdup.py to light an led when the state changes to play. The customisation is still there - but lcdup.py is not being run on a state change. I checked lcd.txt and is is blank. Any ideas.

Odd. I'll see if I can repro.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub