The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Short gap between tracks in multi-movement classical pieces
RPi3, moOde 3.84 setup with Allo Boss DAC (earlier version, not 1.2).
In MPD settings, I have SoX resampling enabled, set to 32-bit/384kHz, Medium quality.

There are some multi-movement classical music pieces in which each movement should play through to the next with no silence or gap in between. However in my setup, there's a short silence and slight click or pop noise heard in between these movements, as one track ends and the next track begins. 

Examples: 

Bartok 6 String Quartets - Emerson Quartet - Deutsche Grammophon
There are three tracks, each one is a separate movement. The three movements are to be played without interruption. However, in moOde 3.84, there is a very brief silence as the first movement (track) ends and the second movement (track) begins. 

Ravel Orchestral Works - Orchestre symphonique de Montreal, Charles Dutoit - London
In the piece Ma Mere L'Oye, the first movement (Prelude) ends and plays straight through into the second movement (1er Tableau). But playing back in my setup there is a very brief silence (gap) and a slight tick/pop can be heard as the tracks change. 

In both examples, the tracks are in FLAC format, 16-bit/44.1kHz

I will try changing MPD settings to SoX disabled, and use the DAC's internal upsampling instead (set to 24-bit/192kHz) and see if the movements/tracks play continuously (with no gaps) as intended. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? 

I hope I don't have to edit these files to combine the multiple tracks' files into a single file/track so that the movements play without gaps. 
--

Messages In This Thread
Short gap between tracks in multi-movement classical pieces - by rongon - 08-11-2018, 05:37 AM