Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Lirc sender / receiver
Hi there,

I'm using moode 7.2.1 with a remote. That works fine. 
In my Pi box I have a relay, that shuts down the amplifier, if nothing is played for three minutes.
Now I have a new amplifier, that has an standard input from bluetooth  when powered on, so I have to use another remote to switch to an AUX input.
That is annoying.
I tried to use an IR sender to switch the amplifier input. That works, but the same time I can not use the Pi to receive signals from the first remote.
I learned, that there's a problem since lirc 0.10-1.
What i even tried is the post "IR remote control without LIRC" on this forum, but that does not work with my remotes.

Is there anybody, who has a functioning setup for Lirc 0.10-1 with a sender and a receiver?

Thanks a lot,

Uli
(07-03-2021, 01:52 PM)uli_s Wrote: Hi there,

I'm using moode 7.2.1 with a remote. That works fine. 
In my Pi box I have a relay, that shuts down the amplifier, if nothing is played for three minutes.
Now I have a new amplifier, that has an standard input from bluetooth  when powered on, so I have to use another remote to switch to an AUX input.
That is annoying.
I tried to use an IR sender to switch the amplifier input. That works, but the same time I can not use the Pi to receive signals from the first remote.
I learned, that there's a problem since lirc 0.10-1.
What i even tried is the post "IR remote control without LIRC" on this forum, but that does not work with my remotes.

Is there anybody, who has a functioning setup for Lirc 0.10-1 with a sender and a receiver?

Thanks a lot,

Uli
I have an IR receiver I use it to read "unused" buttons on a remote.  I wrote a blog about it here:

https://poldieblog.blogspot.com/

I recently installed moOde for the first time and it's working fine for me (latest moOde on an Pi 4).    Ask me specific questions and I'll try to help.