Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.4.0 release
(07-04-2021, 09:27 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 06:13 PM)oculto Wrote: I can speak for myself only, because living in a 3rd world country, internet traffic and stability is still an issue… the cache solve my intermittent problems with Spotify. All my other files are local for the same reason (sd card).

Yup, it's a valid usage scenario. I'm curious. How much cache was needed to solve your problem and have you ever run the Ookla speed test or some similar test  to see what kind of ping times and download speeds you get from your ISP?

Regards,
Kent

Let me be clear, I have a cable internet, witch is relatively fast (+100mb/s) but the problem is the intermittence. for streaming (spotify, netflix, etc) it is common some glitches, especially during the day (with i use spotify), at night is less frequently (netflix) but still under desirable (there is some problem with the sun, some kind of interference). For spotify i manually change the inc/playerlib.php around here:

$cmd = 'librespot' .
                ' --name "' . $_SESSION['spotifyname'] . '"' .
                ' --bitrate ' . $cfg_spotify['bitrate'] .
                ' --format ' . $cfg_spotify['format'] .
                ' --initial-volume ' . $cfg_spotify['initial_volume'] .
                ' --volume-ctrl ' . $cfg_spotify['volume_curve'] .
                $volume_normalization .
                $autoplay .
                ' --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "' . $device . '"' . // audio file cache eats disk space
                ' --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh' .
                ' > /dev/null 2>&1 &';
                //' -v > /home/pi/librespot.txt 2>&1 &'; // For debug

to include the cache. but i didn't make the change for the 7.3.0 yet, i need to test the options first. for older versions i just check the permission on the /var/local/www/spotify_cache folder and remove --disable-audio-cache, but after every update i needed to do it again.

after a few weeks with a 128 SD card I could grow more than 72GB of cache from my playlists without any problem. Before moodeaudio i use raspotify with the same arguments... with a large SD Card the cache size wasn't a problem (for me). And i confirm after my tests that with the cache available, Spotify could play offline without any problem. and during the playtime there is almost no internet traffic (i believe some kind of authorization or authentication still needed)

with the new file cache management by librespot I believe i could save a few bucks using smaller sd cards and 20gb of space for cache, but i didn't test it yet.

and the most important thing: with the cache, the glitch is gone. intermittent signal is no longer a problem for songs. after the playlist first run, I can also repeat any time i want without internet traffic.
Here's a brief update on upcoming 7.4.0 release.

We have added a new UI based backup/restore manager developed by @bitlab :-) It's designed to cover all settings, radio stations, camilla configs, etc.

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2021-MM-DD TC moOde 7.4.0
//
########################################################

New features

- Backup/restore manager

Updates

- UPD: Add "okto research dac8 Stereo" to device table

Radio stations

- NEW: Organ Experience
- NEW: SmoothLounge Global
- UPD: 4ZZZ FM 102.1 - Alternative
- UPD: SmoothJazz Global
- UPD: OrganLive.com
- UPD: Positively Baroque
- UPD: Maschinengeist Radio (OFFLINE)

Bug fixes

- FIX: Typo in MPD Config message regarding disconnected device
- FIX: Fallback to encoded_at rate from MPD database if mediainfo reports blank rate
- FIX: CoverView Playbar show/hide not working when launched from Library
- FIX: Typo in cdsp 32b float format (FLOATLE should be FLOAT32LE)
- FIX: BlueZ audioout being set to Bluetooth on Disconnect
- FIX: Various auto-config bugs
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Radio Paradise FLAC streams?
Hi Tim - I've been listening to these for months during the lockdowns on various versions of Moode, and they have been totally reliable and show the same metadata as the 320 streams. Any thoughts on adding these as the default? Not really an issue to re-add them after each major upgrade, but just a "nice to have". Thanks for all the effort from you and the team. Regards Adrian
Hi Tim, You changed the behaviour of the BlueZ configuration in v7.3.0 but I see that in v7.4.0 you are making a further change "- FIX: BlueZ audioout being set to Bluetooth on Disconnect"

What is it that you are changing this time? Is it the automatic switch back of the output to Local when Bluetooth is disconnected?

R
The issue that was foxed was if MPD Audio output -> Local and then DISCONNECT clicked we end up with MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth instead of Local.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-30-2021, 01:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The issue that was foxed was if MPD Audio output -> Local and then DISCONNECT clicked we end up with MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth instead of Local.

AH! I tested that changing the Audio Stream from Bluetooth to Local automatically Disconnects the Bluetooth connection and leaves the Bluetooth device in the Paired list but missed the test case you have described! Blush

I also reported that if the Bluetooth Device is Connected but the Audio Stream is set to Local, any attempt to leave the BlueZ Panel brings up the "Bluetooth Connected" alert panel. Would it be more logical if setting the Audio Stream to Local, automatically disconnected the Bluetooth connection?

Robin
I don't understand that usage scenario.

Normally you either connect a phone to moOde which uses MPD Audio output -> Local and displays the "Bluetooth Active" overlay screen or you connect moOde to a Bluetooth speaker via configuring MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth in BlueZ config.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-30-2021, 11:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't understand that usage scenario.

Normally you either connect a phone to moOde which uses MPD Audio output -> Local and displays the "Bluetooth Active" overlay screen or you connect moOde to a Bluetooth speaker via configuring MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth in BlueZ config.

Hi Tim,

I realise that I'm being a bit thick here but I don't understand the need to (Bluetooth) connect a Phone to moOde's MPD output. I am only using the Bluetooth connection to play the MPD Output through a Bluetooth Speaker or Bluetooth Headset. This works fine for me.

I said:
"I also reported that if the Bluetooth Device is Connected but the Audio Stream is set to Local, any attempt to leave the BlueZ Panel brings up the "Bluetooth Connected" alert panel. Would it be more logical if setting the Audio Stream to Local, automatically disconnected the Bluetooth connection? "

... but I went back just now and tested this again and when I switch the MPD output back to Local, IT DOES automatically disconnect the Bluetooth Connection and allows me to exit the BlueZ configuration panel without error.
So, in a nutshell, just ignore my Post above. Confused ... I must have had a Senior moment.

Robin
(07-29-2021, 07:13 PM)adrian311 Wrote: Radio Paradise FLAC streams?
Hi Tim - I've been listening to these for months during the lockdowns on various versions of Moode, and they have been totally reliable and show the same metadata as the 320 streams. Any thoughts on adding these as the default? Not really an issue to re-add them after each major upgrade, but just a "nice to have". Thanks for all the effort from you and the team. Regards Adrian

Heh. Yep, I've been hand adding them over the past several revisions, too.

Just a thought here... Do we know how reliable they may be, in other parts of the world? I've seen some difficulties at times, with some of the other non NA native FLAC stations.   Maybe leave the 320's but also offer the 4 streams in FLAC's in the library, as well?
(07-31-2021, 01:49 AM)Wheel_nut Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 11:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't understand that usage scenario.

Hi Tim,

I realise that I'm being a bit thick here but I don't understand the need to (Bluetooth) connect a Phone to moOde's MPD output. I am only using the Bluetooth connection to play the MPD Output through a Bluetooth Speaker or Bluetooth Headset. This works fine for me.

I said:
"I also reported that if the Bluetooth Device is Connected but the Audio Stream is set to Local, any attempt to leave the BlueZ Panel brings up the "Bluetooth Connected" alert panel. Would it be more logical if setting the Audio Stream to Local, automatically disconnected the Bluetooth connection? "

... but I went back just now and tested this again and when I switch the MPD output back to Local, IT DOES automatically disconnect the Bluetooth Connection and allows me to exit the BlueZ configuration panel without error.
So, in a nutshell, just ignore my Post above. Confused ... I must have had a Senior moment.

Robin

Client -> Bluetooth -> moOde is a usage scenario for playing music using apps or platforms that don't support Airplay for example Youtube, Android, Windows, etc.
Enjoy the Music!