Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.4.0 release
(08-04-2021, 07:29 AM)JonPike Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 07:13 PM)adrian311 Wrote: Radio Paradise FLAC streams?
Hi Tim - I've been listening to these for months during the lockdowns on various versions of Moode, and they have been totally reliable and show the same metadata as the 320 streams. Any thoughts on adding these as the default? Not really an issue to re-add them after each major upgrade, but just a "nice to have". Thanks for all the effort from you and the team. Regards Adrian

Heh. Yep, I've been hand adding them over the past several revisions, too.

Just a thought here... Do we know how reliable they may be, in other parts of the world? I've seen some difficulties at times, with some of the other non NA native FLAC stations.   Maybe leave the 320's but also offer the 4 streams in FLAC's in the library, as well?

The last time I tested the FLAC streams they were glitchy. If I get some spare cycles I'll check them again.

Please post the URL's.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Here's the latest WIP release notes for upcoming 7.4.0 release.

Added:

- A nice fix to pycamilladsp.py thanks to @lykkedk (diyAudio) for discovering the bug and to @bitlab for creating the new 0.5.1 build for moOde.

- GUI based Backup/Restore manager courtesy of @bitlab. It also includes a full command line interface.

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2021-MM-DD TC moOde 7.4.0
//
########################################################

New features

- Backup/restore manager

Updates

- UPD: Add "okto research dac8 Stereo" to device table
- UPD: Bump to pycamilladsp 0.5.1

Radio stations

- NEW: Organ Experience
- NEW: SmoothLounge Global
- UPD: 4ZZZ FM 102.1 - Alternative
- UPD: SmoothJazz Global
- UPD: OrganLive.com
- UPD: Positively Baroque
- UPD: Maschinengeist Radio (OFFLINE)

Bug fixes

- FIX: Typo in MPD Config message regarding disconnected device
- FIX: Fallback to encoded_at rate from MPD database if mediainfo reports blank rate
- FIX: CoverView Playbar show/hide not working when launched from Library
- FIX: Typo in cdsp 32b float format (FLOATLE should be FLOAT32LE)
- FIX: BlueZ audioout being set to Bluetooth on Disconnect
- FIX: Web socket get_mute() not working in pycamilladsp.py
- FIX: Various auto-config bugs
Enjoy the Music!
(08-04-2021, 12:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 07:29 AM)JonPike Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 07:13 PM)adrian311 Wrote: Radio Paradise FLAC streams?
Hi Tim - I've been listening to these for months during the lockdowns on various versions of Moode, and they have been totally reliable and show the same metadata as the 320 streams. Any thoughts on adding these as the default? Not really an issue to re-add them after each major upgrade, but just a "nice to have". Thanks for all the effort from you and the team. Regards Adrian

Heh. Yep, I've been hand adding them over the past several revisions, too.

Just a thought here... Do we know how reliable they may be, in other parts of the world? I've seen some difficulties at times, with some of the other non NA native FLAC stations.   Maybe leave the 320's but also offer the 4 streams in FLAC's in the library, as well?

The last time I tested the FLAC streams they were glitchy. If I get some spare cycles I'll check them again.

Please post the URL's.

Hi Tim
FLAC Links with metadata

Main Mix FLAC (http://stream.radioparadise.com/flacm)
Mellow Mix FLAC (http://stream.radioparadise.com/mellow-flacm)
Rock Mix FLAC (http://stream.radioparadise.com/rock-flacm)
Eclectic Mix FLAC (http://stream.radioparadise.com/eclectic-flacm
Adrian
Tested and the issue with the FLAC streams is that the metadata is constantly being resent by RP during playback. If you have Queue thumbs turned on you will see the Queue list being regularly refreshed because it thinks the metadata has changed.
Enjoy the Music!
(08-05-2021, 01:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Tested and the issue with the FLAC streams is that the metadata is constantly being resent by RP during playback. If you have Queue thumbs turned on you will see the Queue list being regularly refreshed because it thinks the metadata has changed.
Mmm - odd - not seeing that behaviour here. No probs though, it's not an issue to add them manually. Thanks Tim.
Adrian
Here's a nice Multiroom audio feature that might make it into upcoming 740.

The configuration is similar to LMS/Squeezelite. One moOde player is configured as a Sender and one or more moOde players are configured as Receivers. The protocol used for audio distribution is RTP/UDP, the codec is OPUS and the addressing is Multicast. 239.0.0.1.

Enjoy the Music!
Looks very cool. 

Can I infer from the second screencap that the volume of each slave is independently controlled via each slave’s WebUI?

Regards,
Kent
The UI is pretty basic ATM and yes Receiver volume is set independently as it should be. Ideally there would be a UI that provides central control over the receivers including on/off, volume and a master volume.
Enjoy the Music!
Could a nas be setup as the server in a multiroom setup, per your above post Tim ? (eg a Pi running a debian flavour with couple of USB drives, NFS Server, mpd and 'headless')
It prolly could. Here's the source for trx http://www.pogo.org.uk/~mark/trx/
Enjoy the Music!