Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

File structure and organizing collection
With a good number (hundreds) of albums of various genres ripped it is becoming increasingly more difficult to browse in Album View (by Artist). Everything is displayed in one big group with genres mixed. My preference would be to have all the music sorted by genre first, then by artist. Is there a way to do this?

What happens if one uses a folder structure that begins with genre instead of artist (genre > artist > album > track). Does it confuse the software and mess it up royally? I'm guessing that I'm not the first to wonder about this but couldn't find it in a forum search. 
Thank you-
The Library views are based on tags and not the underlying file structure however the thumbnail generator does depend on having all tracks belonging to an album being contained in a single "album" folder.

Just use Tag view if you want to browse by genre.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
It certainly pays to get your tags right. I find that even current CDs and downloads often need ‘tweeking’. Also, decide on your genres and stick to that.

Geoff
Smile 
(07-11-2021, 06:53 PM)GStevens Wrote: It certainly pays to get your tags right.  I find that even current CDs and downloads often need ‘tweeking’.  Also, decide on your genres and stick to that.

Geoff

Good advice, I spent a few hours tiding up my tags, folders and files when I moved to moOde, it was worth it in the end [Image: smile.png]