Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

a Hello there! from Paxmax
Big Grin 
Hello from Germany,

Old fart here, I got past my 40's already. Have worked/Do work in/with electronics- assembly, service, Lab measurements, R&D for 20+ years.
Have just finished my second Raspy build.

First was a Pi2 video/media player, came pre-installed (Kodi) so mostly assembly was all req'd. Didn't learn much.

The second Raspy I'm doing from scratch, so actually learning/using some basic Linux commands.
This will be a dedicated audio player, or how do you cool kids call it, audio renderer? Audio transport? Audio media converter? aanyway, moving on...
It's your basic Rpi4 B 4GB, MoOde + Pi2AES sheild.
I have just gotten it test assembled, some parts are missing, still some peripheral electronics I'm still not pleased with.

I'm stuffing all* in a bigger case than the ordinary Pi4 builds.
* = (230V line intake, on/off switch, triple AC line filtering, dual stage DC-DC filtering/conversion for each voltage 5 - 12 - 24V, added overvoltage protection, quiet fan cooling, 0.5TB SSD etc)

Got a tethered 7" touch monitor aswell, but will likely use a dedicated 10" pad (thru wifi) in future.

Future plans** are to improve Raspy + sheild DC feeds with very low ripple and low noise components.
** = (likelyhood of me actually doing in within 2 years = 5%)

This box will feed my old (but not yet ancient) audio system: Meridan 562 (A/V input selector), Mer. 565 surround processor (8 ch.), Rotel multichannel amplifer, M&K main speakers, pair of SVS subwoofs and pair of NHT subwoofs. Also have some misc stuff like CD player, DVD player, Blueray player, Plasma Tv, LCD Tv.

Other future planned stuff is hooking up a safe power fail shutoff device. Had a power outage while the stereo was playing and the POP! sound it made scared the holey bejeebus out of me... thought for sure something broke but it all came back to life later all intact. Basically making sure analog outputs are silenced as soon as a power fail is detected.
(Letting 3.2kW continuous power (10+kW peak) set of subwoofers do as they please in a chaotic state was and is very... very... scary)
Welcome !

Quote:(Letting 3.2kW continuous power (10+kW peak) set of subwoofers do as they please in a chaotic state was and is very... very... scary)

Wow...hope your walls are reinforced :-) 

Some years ago when I had rather large amplifiers they needed a soft-start circuit to ramp up the trannys. I included dropout relays so if power failed they couldn't power back on. Seemed to work well. (we're 230v here too...I will have a look and see if I still have the circuit)

I have just ordered a safe shutdown device for my Pi that may be useful in your build...sounds like it is an appliance.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...-sbcs.html

bob
----------
bob
(07-14-2021, 12:35 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Welcome !
I have just ordered a safe shutdown device for my Pi that may be useful in your build...sounds like it is an appliance.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...-sbcs.html

bob

Thx Bob!

Yes!! That device is what I need! I have a tab open already about a HW to SW to Pi shutdown patch.
I was planning to use some 2s LiPo + backup sw. reg set to 4.8V or so... but LiPo does not like to stay still and especially not at high charged state... and LiPo's are a liability aswell. 

But what you have found is much better ! ..so Thx Bob!
Yeah, since I have almost all music on the same bootable SSD for the Pi I really do not want it to go corrupt.

Umm yeah, getting SVS sybwoofers had an instant effect on neighbor... come over to make it clear that she does not, infact, at all like my SVS subwoofers.
I'm also getting odd particles from wooden ceiling panels. It seems to be less and less with time... but still some is dropping after some heavy handed sessions when neighbor is outa-de-house.