Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Greetings from Zandvoort!
Hi there,

My name is Menno and I live in Zandvoort, the Netherlands, Europe.
In september more people will get to know Zandvoort because in September we host a F1 race. (whoopwhoop)

I'm new to Rpi's and all related.
Was looking for a airplay receiver in my car.
Just bought a 4B, installed moOde, tinkered a couple of hours with lots of reading on this forum and got it working.
Airplay via hdmi out works just fine.

Now for the next step!
I want to hook the Pi up to a Topping D10 and with a optical cable to the dsp in my car.
But as soon as I connect the D10 the Rpi goes in restart loop.
So ... what am I doing wrong here?
Or what should I read?

Also ... under the ALSA options > ALSA options mode the text says Direct (hw) is supported by Airplay.
But when I flip the switch ... no more Airplay.

Would love some help from the experts!

Thanks and greetings from Zandvoort.
Menno
Ah Zandvoort, a wonderful place (only been once for only a few hours but I promised I'd return).

You will probably get better answers if you put your issues into threads with titles that describe the issue, but in the mean time I offer this:

Regarding the Direct (hw) Alsa output option, the description on that option says "The audio device must support the output format or playback will not occur", I suspect this is the issue. If your input format does not happen to be supported by your output device, then you get nothing. Is there a reason you with to avoid the default output (which performs any conversions for you automatically)?
----------------
Robert
Thx for your reaction, will open new post there!

Apple music now has 2 Losless audio options, 24/48 and 24/192 and thought lets go for the max whats available.
I read the text as moOde will convert yes or no to what ever preference I choose but 24/44.1 will be just fine.
So I read it in another way and will leave it alone.

Menno