Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: WiFi Hotspot login
Is there a way to have have Moode bring up a browser window for a login page like is typically done for public or guest WiFi? You know what I mean, a login browser page where you type in an access code to enable internet?
Alternately, is there a way to "share" a logged in internet connection from a computer to the Moode device so it doesn't have to log in to get internet?

Thanks!
I assume that you wish to take your player to locations other than your home network and have it prompt you for a password to join a network it finds at those other locations? If so, there isn't anything built into moOde to achieve this, if it cannot connect to a known network, it falls back to starting it's own access point instead.
----------------
Robert
(07-15-2021, 10:56 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: I assume that you wish to take your player to locations other than your home network and have it prompt you for a password to join a network it finds at those other locations?  If so, there isn't anything built into moOde to achieve this, if it cannot connect to a known network, it falls back to starting it's own access point instead.

... but you can operate it by connecting your Smartphone to the moOde Access Point and setting your Browser to 172.24.1.1

That gives you full access to the moOde User control panel without a Wifi Network or internet connection.
(07-15-2021, 01:29 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 10:56 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: I assume that you wish to take your player to locations other than your home network and have it prompt you for a password to join a network it finds at those other locations?  If so, there isn't anything built into moOde to achieve this, if it cannot connect to a known network, it falls back to starting it's own access point instead.
Copy. Thank you.

... but you can operate it by connecting your Smartphone to the moOde Access Point and setting your Browser to 172.24.1.1

That gives you full access to the moOde User control panel without a Wifi Network or internet connection.
Good idea. Thanks!