Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unable to adjust balance via alsa
(07-15-2021, 10:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ok I think we are on the same page so let me ask once again, what are you setting Mixer type to in MPD Config to get the DAC to work?

Sure let me reply once again as per #15 and #17 this setting makes absolutely no difference to the functionality of the DAC.

[Image: 51314691713_919d7131a2_o.jpg] DAC functions normally, no volume control in MoOde, changes made in alsamixer are not applied to speaker output.

[Image: 51314691703_1e1efac7c6_o.jpg] DAC functions normally, full volume control in MoOde, changes made in alsamixer are not applied to speaker output

I am sorry if this is not the expected behaviour but I can confirm that each setting makes the appropriate changes within MoOde where I have full volume control with the "software" setting (although this often resets to 0) and with the "Fixed" setting I have no volume control, music is played back at 100%.

This setting makes no difference to the issue with alsamixer where changes to volume levels made in the console via SSH are not replicated at a hardware level regardless of the mixer type selected in MoOde.

In my ignorance and partly backed up by your earlier statement I am assuming that "worker: ALSA mixer actual (iFi by AMR HD USB Audio )" and "worker: ALSA iFi by AMR HD USB Audio" are system variables used at some point to facilitate communication between alsamixer and MoOde and the fact that they are not correctly defined could be related to this issue. Perhaps the code within MoOde that adjusts volume uses a different (correctly defined) system variable or bypasses this variable altogether by querying the correct mixer name addressing this instead?
Alsamixer is an ALSA utility that comes with RaspiOS and is completely separate from moOde. Settings in moOde have no effect on alsamixer.

Even though the DAC manufacturer does not support Linux https://ifi-audio.com/faqs/linux-usb-aud...ompliance/ you could still try to contact them directly or via a support Forum if they have one and ask about the alsamixer issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub