Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unable to adjust balance via alsa
Lotsa luck with IFI.

Did you read their statement about Linux and USB2.0? This is a classic "baffle them with bullsh*t" statement. 

I can count on a few fingers the number of USB DACs I've tried which did not work out of the box with my Linux systems, whether moOde or otherwise. In each case it was because the DAC developers couldn't be bothered to do their job and depended on Windows drivers to make up for it. Funny how all their competitors managed with even the cheapest knockoffs. Usually they claim it's because of some magical feature of their design that no one else has.

No matter how cute a DAC's marketing description and how flowery its reviewers' statements, I will no longer buy unless it is explicitly stated that it will work with Linux.

Regards,
Kent
Oh ok they don't support Linux so no need to mess with the moOde mixer code :-)

"we do not support Linux or provide drivers for it."
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-15-2021, 03:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just the parenthesis parsing issue in moOde code, I don't know whats happening with the alsamixer app in your particular case.

This DAC does not work at all with moOde, correct?

No the DAC works fine with MoOde and I'm really pleased with the audio quality and would generally recommend it as it's worked straight out of the box with Volumio and MoOde (much better sound quality and features). I am able to play back from a locally attached USB pen drive and from Tidal using BubbleUPNP which is everything I need. I can adjust the sound using the equalisers and Camilla DSP, the only thing that I can't do so far is have the changes made in software using alsamixer apply to the hardware output. If you were to change the MoOde mixer code so that it correctly parses the parenthesis correcting the ALSA mixer name from 'iFi by AMR HD USB Audio ' to 'iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio ' would this not resolve the issue? Is there any way to set and test this change within the console to see if it works?
Oh ok so the DAC does work. You must have Mixer type set to "Fixed (0dB)" in MPD Config, correct?
Enjoy the Music!
Sad 
(07-15-2021, 06:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Oh ok so the DAC does work. You must have Mixer type set to "Fixed (0dB)" in MPD Config, correct?

I've tried both fixed and software, I've tried a vanilla install only making changes to timezone and network settings leaving everything else on default. No joy :-(
You stated in post #13 "..the DAC works fine with MoOde and I'm really pleased with the audio quality..."

If in fact it works then what is Mixer type set to in MPD Config?
Enjoy the Music!
(07-15-2021, 08:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You stated in post #13 "..the DAC works fine with MoOde and I'm really pleased with the audio quality..."

If in fact it works then what is Mixer type set to in MPD Config?

Please see #15 - I have tried mixer type set to "Fixed (0db)" as well as "Software" neither option impacts on the DAC functioning normally or alsamixer not functioning at all.
(07-15-2021, 04:45 PM)PieEater Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 03:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just the parenthesis parsing issue in moOde code, I don't know whats happening with the alsamixer app in your particular case.

No the DAC works fine with MoOde and I'm really pleased with the audio quality and would generally recommend it as it's worked straight out of the box with Volumio and MoOde (much better sound quality and features). I am able to play back from a locally attached USB pen drive and from Tidal using BubbleUPNP which is everything I need. I can adjust the sound using the equalisers and Camilla DSP, the only thing that I can't do so far is have the changes made in software using alsamixer apply to the hardware output. If you were to change the MoOde mixer code so that it correctly parses the parenthesis correcting the ALSA mixer name from 'iFi by AMR HD USB Audio ' to 'iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio ' would this not resolve the issue? Is there any way to set and test this change within the console to see if it works?

Here you are saying the DAC works fine with moOde.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-15-2021, 08:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 04:45 PM)PieEater Wrote:

Here you are saying the DAC works fine with moOde.

Sorry I am obviously being stupid as I don't understand what you are asking me that I haven't already answered or explained, I don't have any technical knowledge of Linux which is probably why we are at cross purposes? The DAC works fine with all aspects of MoOde it just does not appear to work correctly with the alsamixer app, I had thought perhaps mistakenly that this was because an incorrect mixer name was being parsed to the amixer app, generating the error. Is there an appropriate source of support for alsamixer that might be able to help with this if you don't think it is a MoOde issue?
Ok I think we are on the same page so let me ask once again, what are you setting Mixer type to in MPD Config to get the DAC to work?
Enjoy the Music!