Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello everyone
Greetings to the Moode Audio community,

Based in south India and very recently determined to setup a decent listening envirnoment at home. I set up moode on an Rpi 4 2gb last week and its my first experience with diy streaming whatsoever. I've been really impressed so far with the sound quality and interface and although I'm quite non-technical, would be excited to engage with the community and invest time in understanding the platform. I'm running Bubble UPNP (tidal mostly) to the moode server into a topping e30 dac and then NAD 314 amp/mission bookshelves in my home office, although increasingly using hifi radio streams because of the moode interface. Prior to this, I switched to Linux Mint as the OS for my personal computing needs and I believe thats what initiated the journey to this forum. 
  Much respect to everyone who leads and contributes to this project.
(07-15-2021, 11:23 AM)amitakkihal Wrote: Greetings to the Moode Audio community,

...I switched to Linux Mint as the OS for my personal computing needs...
  ....Much respect to everyone who leads and contributes to this project.

Hi Amit, welcome in! I just arrived here myself  Smile
Sounds like a clean neat setup with your audio.

Ah, I wish I had the energy and fortitude to ween off windows and fully enter the manual world of Linux!
I would still need a win bootable partition for gaming though.
(07-15-2021, 12:30 PM)Paxmax Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 11:23 AM)amitakkihal Wrote: Greetings to the Moode Audio community,

Ah, I wish I had the energy and fortitude to ween off windows and fully enter the manual world of Linux!

These days I have so few uses for Windows that I run Win10Pro only as a guest OS in VirtualBox on my Linux laptop, but then I’m not a gamer. 

If you are wedded to Windows then don’t overlook Win10’s Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). It keeps getting better. Alternatively, you could run a Linux guest OS in VirtualBox. In the past I’ve gone both ways as well as running a dual-boot Windows/Linux system. Whatever floats your boat. Wink

Welcome to both of you and enjoy the music.

Regards,
Kent
(07-15-2021, 12:30 PM)Paxmax Wrote:

You could consider an old thinkapd or thinkcentre mini to kick the linux experiment off with. Or if nothing else another Rpi