Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Mount error
thank you,

with:

sudosudo mount -t cifs "//Diskstation/music" -o username=XXX,password='XXXX',rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "./tmp"

I can perfectly mount the NAS to a ./tmp...with no issues...

seems I have to play around with the parameters...

which file issues the mount command?

is this handled the in fstab? I do not think so, or am I wrong?

Thanks,
Norbert
Guys,

Seems I got it, in my NAS setup the "maximum SMB-Protokoll" was set to SMB2, changed it to SMB3 now it seems to work!

thanks for the hint!

Norbert
(07-16-2021, 01:01 PM)winnor Wrote: Guys,

Seems I got it, in my NAS setup the "maximum SMB-Protokoll" was set to SMB2, changed it to SMB3 now it seems to work!

thanks for the hint!

Norbert

I've a hunch that now that moOde "sniffs" for SMB version, it defaults to 3.0 if the sniffing fails.  In older moOde versions where the default was SMB 1 I had to specify SMB 3.  Once the sniffing was implemented I no longer needed to specify, however moOde has never been able to discover my SMB share and so can't detect my version either.
----------------
Robert
Basically yes.

If the protocol version can be detected it's added to the mount flags string like below and shows up in Music Source config screen. The strategy is to use the highest version detected.

"vers=2.1,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777"

If it can't be detected then nothing is added to the mount flags string and the default then becomes the default for the mount utility which IIRC is 3.0.

You can also manually add vers=N.N to the string and this will override auto-detection and the mount default.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub