Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to ... multiroom
Hi everyone
I just started using moode on 2 devices. I had an idea in my mind but now I'm no more sure I can do that.
I have a rpi4 with hifiberry dac+adc pro and a rpi3 w/hifiberry amp2.
My idea is to build a multiroom system, where analog inputs are taken to the adc and so share them to other rpi+amp (only one for now, of course) or even to get other sources (library, streaming, ...) and decide where to play each one.
I thought to:
- use my old amplifier w/analog inputs/outputs
- get analog out from the amplifier to go input the adc and share this input to other players in the network
- use hifiberry dac side to go input to the amplifier and listen to the library, a stream or to what is shared on the network by other players
- use the single hifiberry amp to play locally libraries, streams or what is shared on the net (for example by the dac+adc) but also decide to share it with other players.

I started playing with these toys, but I got a stop. Each one works fine (both via eth and wifi). I read something about the use of a multiroom server (i.e. Logitech squeezebox) but I'm not able to manage it for what I thought about.
Any idea? Am I wrong on something basic? Is there something that I can do and something not?
Thanx in advance

Alb
moOde isn't set up for multiroom. The closest I've come is to turn on the HTTP streaming feature on one player, then define that stream as a radio station on another. Of course that audio is very much not in synch that way.
----------------
Robert
Thankx Bertrum
hoped something more.
Having no synch in different rooms of the same house is definitely not the best.
If no one has other suggestions, I'm afraid I will need to look for something else, 'cause multiroom was the main reason for the choice.

Alb
(07-19-2021, 07:42 AM)ilCava Wrote: Thankx Bertrum
hoped something more.
Having no synch in different rooms of the same house is definitely not the best.
If no one has other suggestions, I'm afraid I will need to look for something else, 'cause multiroom was the main reason for the choice.

Alb

If you are into DIY, you might take a look at the evolving balenaSound project (from the same folks who created Balena Etcher). It won't have some of the nice features that moOde has but it does support synch'ed multi-room systems.

Regards,
Kent
Players with integrated multi-room below. Just click on the endpoints and it all just works more or less.

- LMS/Squeezelite
- PiCorePlayer which is based on LMS/Squeezelite
- Roon
- Apple Music
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thankx for suggestions.
I think I'll have a lot to read about. And may be testing.
If I'll get to an end, I'll tell how.

alb