Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Web UI not responding with NFS folder unavailable
Hi everyone,
I just finished my setup of moode on my Raspberry Pi 3 and everything is running smoothly except for one thing:

I mounted a remote music source with a shared folder via NFS.

The folder is working fine but I noticed that if I turn off my NAS but I still want to use moode with Spotify, for example, the Web UI is not responding because, as far as I understood, is waiting to find the shared folder that is not available in the network.

There is a way to fix this issue?

Thanks so much for the responses
IIRC the NFS protocol has a really long timeout of several minutes or more and this will block other processes. I don't know if it's configurable but if not then your may want to try Samba.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-19-2021, 10:59 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: IIRC the NFS protocol has a really long timeout of several minutes or more and this will block other processes. I don't know if it's configurable but if not then your may want to try Samba.

Yes, it is configurable but NFS was never intended to be used as an unreliable---e.g., "sometimes I'm there; sometimes I'm not"---service. Many consider the NFS soft mount option to be Evil™.  

I second Tim's suggestion to use Samba.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks! Looks like is working without issue with SMB