Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No AP mode
I have an rpi 3b v1.2 that had been running an earlier version of moOde with a hifiberry dac hat. (I posted a pic of this setup earlier integrated into a tube amp.) I just burned an sd card with 7.3 and no moOde node appears on wifi. Tried another card and got the same results. Is this a regression? Do I need to take some special steps? (the led action seems normal)

Thanks in advance,

John
You've followed the guide ? and still no AP ?

- Access Point (AP) mode:

(a) IP address: 172.24.1.1

(b) SSID: Moode

© Password: moodeaudio

(d) Channel: 6

- AP mode starts automatically when:

(a) WiFi SSID is set to 'None' in Network config and there is no Ethernet connection

(b) WiFi SSID is defined but no IP address was assigned by DHCP. This typically

occurs when connection to the SSID fails.
----------
bob
Yeah, followed the guide just as always before, but this time no AP. This setup was working prior to the update. No clue what the problem might be, which is why I asked about any regressions or known work arounds related to the rpi 3B+ 1.2. I am listening to a rpi 3B+ 1.3 that upgraded with no problem as I write.

Also a feature request: The ability to store customizations to a usb drive prior to an upgrade and then the ability to recall them after the upgrade so we don't have to start from scratch each time.

Best,

John
AP mode works fine on my end with either an updated 721 -> 730 system or a fresh 730 image.

When you experience AP mode not working plug in an Ethernet cable and post the Moode startup log.
Code:
moodeutl -l

Also feel free to post the Update log.
Code:
cat /var/local/www/update-r721.log

Exactly what "usb drive customizations" are you referring to?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-31-2021, 01:21 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: AP mode works fine on my end with either an updated 721 -> 730 system or a fresh 730 image.

When you experience AP mode not working plug in an Ethernet cable and post the Moode startup log.
Code:
moodeutl -l

Code:

Permission to butt in here but I read that as wanting to save moOde config to a file; that file being on a usb drive. (I'd like to do this too).
(07-31-2021, 09:58 AM)Sehnsucht Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 01:21 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: AP mode works fine on my end with either an updated 721 -> 730 system or a fresh 730 image.

Code:
moodeutl -l

Code:

Permission to butt in here but I read that as wanting to save moOde config to a file; that file being on a usb drive. (I'd like to do this too).

See the upcoming 7.4 notes here... Wink 
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....1#pid35591
----------
bob