Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hopefully simple issues for new user
Hi
I've just decided to try MoOde as an alternative to Volumio for my new streamer build. The current spec is as follows:
Rpi3B
Rpi official touch screen
Allo Boss v1.0

I'm currently playing off a USB stick (my NAS has had a sense of humour failure yesterday).

The Boss and touchscreen are currently sharing the i2c bus, which is causing a few touch screen issues. Any advice here, I thought i2c could just parallel up.

I want to hook my Quobuz account in, is there a guide for this?

I then want to build another but replace the rpi screen with a 256x64 oled and use about 9 hardware buttons and a rotary encoder for navigation. This looks like it should be possible in moode without too much grief.

I'll post some piccies of my progress as it evolves.
i2c can share the same connection but each device needs a separate address..
https://learn.adafruit.com/i2c-addresses

With things like simple oled screens there is often a soldered jumper that can be altered to change the address. Otherwise there are cheap boards that can assign for multiple GPIO i2c connected devices.

Not sure what is happening with your screen...this should work fine... how is it connected ?
----------
bob
(07-27-2021, 07:57 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: i2c can share the same connection but each device needs a separate address..
https://learn.adafruit.com/i2c-addresses

With things like simple oled screens there is often a soldered jumper that can be altered to change the address. Otherwise there are cheap boards that can assign for multiple GPIO i2c connected devices.

Not sure what is happening with your screen...this should work fine... how is it connected ?

I have the allo boss plugged straight on the pi, then the screen is on the display connector for video and the touch data is on the j19 connector of the boss for scl, sda, power and ground. Initially it worked, then I lost the left channel,  then after a reboot the audio was fine, but no touch on the screen.

The oled I'm using will probably be SPI rather than i2c.

Thanks for the input.

Edit: I've just looked up the addresses and apparently the i2c pins are in the main display connector on all but the rpi1, removed them from the boss and its working now. Thanks for the poke in the right direction.