Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Library view options
In my collection I have a compilation album "Ultimate Disney" (please don't judge, it's my wife's Big Grin ) which was tagged on ripping as follows: Album for all tracks is set to "Ultimate Disney", Artists is set to things like "101 Dalmations / Cruella deVil" or "Aladdin / A Whole New World". Now I know that the artist tags aren't right, they seem to duplicate the track titles, but presumably my problem would be the same even if they just contained different singers' names. I want this just to show up as one album in the album view, but instead it shows up as a separate album called "Ultimate Disney" for each artist.
Even if I set the album view mode to Album, it shows a number of albums all titled "Ultimate Disney" one for each song. And preferably I would like to use the "Artist / Year" display.
How can I fix this? Do I need to set an Album Artist tag for each track in the albums?
Your Album Artist tags are missing, "Various Artists" is usually the standard for compilations but whatever album artist you set will take precedence over the track artists.
(04-08-2021, 09:34 AM)vinnn Wrote: Your Album Artist tags are missing, "Various Artists" is usually the standard for compilations but whatever album artist you set will take precedence over the track artists.
Thanks. abcde generally does a pretty good job of automating lookup and tagging when I rip CDs but it's missed this. I'll tag it manually and then see if I can find some abcde.conf settings to include Album Artist tags for the future.