Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cannot mount NAS
Hello,

i have a problem with NAS-mounting, too.
NAS-mounting works for years! but since some months (i think it is since installing moode 4.1) I am not able to reinstall my NAS (same NAS, same WLAN, same passwords !).

Log-file says: "could not resolve address" (see picture).

Please see also pic of Config screen.

Thanks for any Idea.

Reinhard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What version of moOde?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Reinhard

That error message suggests that the hostname "diskstation" isn't being resolved into an IP address.

What happens if, instead of "diskstation/music" you enter "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/music" in the Host/Share box (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of your NAS)?

If this works, then you have a problem with DNS on your LAN.

Regards,
Kent
Hallo Tim,
hallo Kent,

sorry for my late answer,

Tim: my Version of moode is 6.3 (but it dosnt work since I changed to 5.x, I think).

Kent: I tried with 192.168.178.35/music but still no connection (see attached pics)

regards from rainy Wuerzburg

Reinhard
Hi all,

problem solved !!!
In my Synology-NAS ther was only SMB 3 allowed.
Now a friend (IT-nerd) set the Samba-Protokolls to SMB 1 to SMB 3 (diskstation / Systemsteuerung / Dateidienste, see picture) and it works on all my three Moode-Players.

Theems that moode 6.3 also only understands the old SMB 1 !?!?

merry christmas

Reinhard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@Reinhard

Glad to hear your friend got you running with your Synology NAS.

For future reference, on the Music Source configuration page under Advanced, you'll see the Mount flags box contains the settings (default until changed)

Code:
vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

Directly below this box is given the information

Code:
vers=2.0, 3.0, 3.1 etc may be needed and/or sec=ntlm depending on what the NAS device requires.

For a variety of reasons, the default version is set to 1.0. At various times the proper default for this setting has been debated but since it is user-settable, it has remained 1.0.

All the best in this holiday season. I'm off to meet my guests.

Regards,
Kent
Photo 
(12-24-2019, 06:14 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Reinhard

Glad to hear your friend got you running with your Synology NAS.

For future reference, on the Music Source configuration page under Advanced, you'll see the Mount flags box contains the settings (default until changed)

Code:
vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

Directly below this box is given the information

Code:
vers=2.0, 3.0, 3.1 etc may be needed and/or sec=ntlm depending on what the NAS device requires.

For a variety of reasons, the default version is set to 1.0. At various times the proper default for this setting has been debated but since it is user-settable, it has remained 1.0.

All the best in this holiday season. I'm off to meet my guests.

Regards,
Kent

@TheOldPresbyope
Resurrecting and older thread but only because I have the same issue as the OP (Bento) with a fritz box as NAS and a mac.
I have managed to get moode to find the NAS on my router (no vers set in moode).
But now I have a moode icon for the folder where my mp3s should be. There is also a single mp3 in the same level as  a test. It also doesn't show. Clicking on the folder  just goes to a blank screen. Any ideas how to get into the folder?
moOde release = 7.1.0 2021-03-15
Fritzbox nas have some peculiar requirements...
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...8#pid25538

try adding the
Code:
noserverino

flag as per the linked post.
----------
bob
(04-08-2021, 01:14 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Fritzbox nas have some peculiar requirements...
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...8#pid25538

try adding the
Code:
noserverino

flag as per the linked post.

no problemo.

Thanks @DRONE7, that resolved the issue.