Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem With New SMSL Sanskrit 10th II
Thanks for all three tips everyone, I got past d-8, it’s now displaying the rate on the DAC when I play music.

However, I’m not hearing any sound out of the DAC when I play music, just a high pitched hum and some slight crackling. Is there something else I’m missing?

Also, get well soon Phil!
Can you test to confirm that the DAC will play OK through a different device - PC/Mac/Android tablet etc?
(08-05-2021, 08:23 PM)jonners Wrote: Can you test to confirm that the DAC will play OK through a different device - PC/Mac/Android tablet etc?

I'll give it a shot and report back..
DAC works fine with my MacBook on same stereo setup. Everything is factory default on moode, except for the recommended settings that Phil provided:

"I use Moode 7.3, hardware volume, sox resampling to 384 k, Hz"

Display on DAC changes to 384 on when I play a track, but no real audio, even on full volume on receiver.
You've yet to reply to post #4... Wink 

Quote:Play an audio file, adjust the volume in the player window and then from the menu select audio info and post the output.

and just because no one has asked yet....are you using the volume control from within MoOde ?  (Main player window the wheel below the time wheel)
----------
bob
I officially enter myself for moode idiot of the year award…

It was the volume, I had turned it up at some point but it was back to zero. All good now, thank you everyone for your help!
(08-05-2021, 06:28 PM)Strider Wrote: @philrandal
Whoa, back on up a bit buddy, "Can't check the moment as I am in hospital recovering from an aortic valve replacement." Whaaaaat???

I had two MI's and an acute coronary episode, I've got 7 stents but hey, aortic valve replacement? DUDE!

Seriously Phil, take care of yourself mate and get yourself better.
Mark
Thanks for the kind words, Mark.

It's not normally my style to be on the optimistic side of things, but since I collapsed in the street just over a month ago I have been remarkably calm.

Knowing that valve replacement is a "routine" operation and that I was in very good hands completely dispelled my fear.
This hospital has 4 25-bed Intensive Care Wards (the largest ICU unit in Europe) with one dedicated to Covid patients (10 unvaccinated sufferers in there at the moment)

I'm lucky in comparison to you.

Phil