Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Logitech Media Server UPNP Bridge
Has anyone had success playing to Moode player from Logitech Media Server using the upnp bridge plugin? I have spent hours messing around with the plugin settings trying to get it to work but the best I have managed so far is two tracks playing consecutively before playback stops. I can play using mconnect but the ultimate goal is to play via LMS without having to use the Squeezelite renderer.
(08-11-2021, 11:57 AM)slartibartfast Wrote: Has anyone had success playing to Moode player from Logitech Media Server using the upnp bridge plugin? I have spent hours messing around with the plugin settings trying to get it to work but the best I have managed so far is two tracks playing consecutively before playback stops. I can play using mconnect but the ultimate goal is to play via LMS without having to use the Squeezelite renderer.

Seems like a question better suited for the LMS User Forum.

Regards,
Kent
(08-11-2021, 01:08 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 11:57 AM)slartibartfast Wrote: Has anyone had success playing to Moode player from Logitech Media Server using the upnp bridge plugin? I have spent hours messing around with the plugin settings trying to get it to work but the best I have managed so far is two tracks playing consecutively before playback stops. I can play using mconnect but the ultimate goal is to play via LMS without having to use the Squeezelite renderer.

Seems like a question better suited for the LMS User Forum.

Regards,
Kent

You are right and that was my first port of call. The discussion starts here
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea...ost1030131
I was hoping someone here might have had the same issues and solved them.
So your first post to that thread is #3341; the thread involves both the LMS UPnP Bridge developer and the upmpdcli developer; and 55 posts later (ok, so some other folks' posts got mixed in), at post #3396, you say

Quote:Well it looks like the only issue was me. After erasing the config file and starting again and changing as little as possible everything is somehow working fine. I feel guilty for wasting everyone's time including mine 

Can we assume there is no issue with moOde (actually, with upmpdcli) to be solved?

Regards,
Kent

Whats your usage scenario where you need to use UPnP with LMS?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-11-2021, 10:02 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: So your first post to that thread is #3341; the thread involves both the LMS UPnP Bridge developer and the upmpdcli developer; and 55 posts later (ok, so some other folks' posts got mixed in), at post #3396, you say

Quote:Well it looks like the only issue was me. After erasing the config file and starting again and changing as little as possible everything is somehow working fine. I feel guilty for wasting everyone's time including mine 

Can we assume there is no issue with moOde (actually, with upmpdcli) to be solved?

Regards,
Kent
Yes

Embarrassing to admit but yes. I have no idea why it didn't work at first but resetting the plugin config file to defaults fixed it. It was strange as even volume control wasn't working. All working now, sorry for the noise.
(08-12-2021, 01:46 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Whats your usage scenario where you need to use UPnP with LMS?
Just that I had been using piCorePlayer for a long time and recently I had seen lots of opinions that mpd sounded better than squeezelite. I tried Moode and I was shocked to find myself agreeing. It doesn't make any sense to me as I haven't seen anyone put forward any reason for the different sound.
(08-11-2021, 10:02 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: So your first post to that thread is #3341; the thread involves both the LMS UPnP Bridge developer and the upmpdcli developer; and 55 posts later (ok, so some other folks' posts got mixed in), at post #3396, you say

Regards,
Kent
I spoke too soon saying the issue had gone away. After a couple of days it reappeared. The developer of the LMS plugin couldn't get it to work either so something strange is happening. As a test I tried Volumio and that doesn't have the same issue.

Regards,
Kent

Moode still doesn't work correctly with the upnpbridge in Logitech Media Server. However if I just install mpd and upmpdcli latest versions on Raspberry OS Buster Lite everything works perfectly. The version of upmpdcli installed with Moode 7.3.0 is quite old so maybe that is the reason. Maybe Moode 7.4.0 will work better.
I just tried the latest version 7.4.1 and it still doesn't work with the UPNP bridge. My simple install of MPD and upmpdcli works perfectly so there is something odd about the Moode UPNP client.