Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can't stream Hi-res from Qobuz whith Lumin anymore
Hello,

First of all, thank you for this great player i'm now enjoying for more than a year.
I stream local files from my NAS and from Qobuz using both Bubble Upnp on my phone and Lumin on iPad.
It used to work well having setup Bubble Upnp server to get the Openhome compatibility.
Since i upadted my Nas to DSM 7, i realized there was no Bubble Upnp server package for this version.
As my NAS does not support docker, i had to forget about BubbleUpnP server.
Then i read that Moode V7 could solve the problem.
I updated my moode to version 7.3, turned the Openhome option on in the MPD section.
Bubble UpnP is working and i can stream Hi Res files from Qobuz
But in Lumin, i can see the Moode renderer, i can log in to my exact same Qobuz account, but when i play any files, it streams in MP3 320kbps.
I've read quite a lot of threads, but i don't understand.
By the way, i can not see any settings in Moode about Qobuz.
Could you please help me ?
(08-13-2021, 07:28 AM)Mamoles Wrote: Hello,

But in Lumin, i can see the Moode renderer, i can log in to my exact same Qobuz account, but when i play any files, it streams in MP3 320kbps.

Hi.

The UPnP/OH support in moOde is provided by the excellent upmpdcli front-end developed by Jean-Francois Dockes.

Yes, there are no longer any settings in moOde Audio Config for Qobuz or Tidal. Those streaming services kept changing specs in ways which that break the open-source plugins that were being used in upmpdcli (and mpd, etc.).

As for Lumin vs BubbleUPnP, I use both in testing that basic UPnP/OH functions work in each moOde release but I do not use UPnP/OH normally. In particular, I have not looked in detail at their behaviour with hi-res offerings from streaming services. What I have learned with all the UPnP/OH apps in iOS and Android is that each has its own peculiarities so I'm not surprised to hear Lumin and BubbleUPnP behave differently.

Perhaps someone who uses moOde/Lumin/Qobuz routinely can comment.

Regards,
Kent
(08-13-2021, 01:26 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 07:28 AM)Mamoles Wrote: Hello,

Hi.

The UPnP/OH support in moOde is provided by the excellent upmpdcli front-end developed by Jean-Francois Dockes.

Yes, there are no longer any settings in moOde Audio Config for Qobuz or Tidal. Those streaming services kept changing specs in ways which that break the open-source plugins that were being used in upmpdcli (and mpd, etc.).

As for Lumin vs BubbleUPnP, I use both in testing that basic UPnP/OH functions work in each moOde release but I do not use UPnP/OH normally. In particular, I have not looked in detail at their behaviour with hi-res offerings from streaming services. What I have learned with all the UPnP/OH apps in iOS and Android is that each has its own peculiarities so I'm not surprised to hear Lumin and BubbleUPnP behave differently.

Perhaps someone who uses moOde/Lumin/Qobuz routinely can comment.

Regards,
Kent

Hello Kent,

Thank you for your reply and the explanations.
Except Bubble UpnP which is working on Android, on iOS,  i face the same issue not only with Lumin, but also with HR Streamer and Esoteric Sound Stream which used to work as well.
Can anyone tell me if the lack of Bubble Upnp server is responsible for this ?
@Mamoles

Since you ask about BubbleUPnP Server possibly making the difference, don't forget that it doesn't have to run on your NAS. You can run it on almost any host on your LAN to test for differences in the behavior of the apps you use.

Here's their requirements list:

Quote:Requirements
General

- a machine on your local network supporting Java 8 or higher. This ranges from a small ARM single board computer (SBC) such as a Raspberry Pi to powerful desktop computers

-the machine must be connected to your local network. Wired connection (Ethernet) is preferred to increase reliability and bandwidth
A minimum of 32 MB RAM allocated to the Java process

-at least one working UPnP AV media server or renderer on your local network, or a Chromecast device

-a web browser for configuration. Internet Explorer and the old non-Chrome based Microsoft Edge are not supported due to technical limitations

Regards,
Kent
(08-17-2021, 01:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Mamoles

Since you ask about BubbleUPnP Server possibly making the difference, don't forget that it doesn't have to run on your NAS. You can run it on almost any host on your LAN to test for differences in the behavior of the apps you use.

Here's their requirements list:

Quote:Requirements
General

- a machine on your local network supporting Java 8 or higher. This ranges from a small ARM single board computer (SBC) such as a Raspberry Pi to powerful desktop computers

-the machine must be connected to your local network. Wired connection (Ethernet) is preferred to increase reliability and bandwidth
A minimum of 32 MB RAM allocated to the Java process

-at least one working UPnP AV media server or renderer on your local network, or a Chromecast device

-a web browser for configuration. Internet Explorer and the old non-Chrome based Microsoft Edge are not supported due to technical limitations

Regards,
Kent

Hello Kent,

Thanks again for the tips.
I'll give it a try with an old Raspberry PI 3B
Have a great day.