Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: MPD error Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa)
Hello everyone,

New to the forum, but a longtime Moode user. Thanks Tim for great work!

I have a latest version of Moodeaudio (7.3.0) on a raspberry pi zero W. I have a USB audio stick (not sure which one) attached it for audio output. It has been working fine for about a year now.
I tried connecting my phone via bluetooth to Moodeaudio today, it connected fine, played some music. After disconnecting it, I get the following error in Moode:   "MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA Bluetooth" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such device".
I turned off bluetooth (from system), then I could not access web interface after reboot, so tried this - "  sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_system set value='0' where param='btsvc'" ", it worked, now aI can access web interface, but I still get the above error.
Any ideas what might be wrong?
And, neither radio, nor bluetooth/local library work.

Thanks in advance
Is this a fresh install or an upgrade from Moode 7.2?

Have you tried re-saving the MPD config?

Phil

(08-21-2021, 03:06 PM)philrandal Wrote: Is this a fresh install or an upgrade from Moode 7.2?

Have you tried re-saving the MPD config?

Phil

Thanks Phil for your response.
It is an upgrade from 7.2 and it was working fine until I used BT.
Tried re-saving MPD config and it froze up on me/became unresponsive Sad
Restarted via ssh and it works now.

Will monitor it for couple of days and if it still does the same, will do a fresh install of 7.3

Thanks for your help!
Check that the bluetooth output hasn't been changed to MPD Audio Output -> Bluetooth in the BlueZ settings. That sometimes happens on bluetooth disconnect.
----------------
Robert