Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem with initila boot
Hi, I need to pick some brains !

I'm new to MOODE - been using PiCorePlayer successfully for a while - I have Pi 4B and Allo Digione signature. Having problem getting started with MOODE - I have copied moode-r730-iso and used WIN32disllmager to burn to SD card. When I boot, I get the 4 raspberries come up, followed by several pages of set-up messages - all seems OK. I then get a moode login prompt. This stays on the screen for a few seconds then screen goes blanks and  nothing further seems to happen. I have tried doing an 'arp -a' to see if the Pi is visible on the network, but nothing
Advice please !
moOde is a headless music server. In order to get the UI to show on a locally attached display you need to turn on the Local Display option in System Config.

Try one of the URL's below then Menu, Configure, System
Code:
http://moode
http://moode.local
http://IP_ADDRESS
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-21-2021, 07:26 PM)hillbear Wrote: Hi, I need to pick some brains !

I'm new to MOODE - been using PiCorePlayer successfully for a while - I have Pi 4B and Allo Digione signature. Having problem getting started with MOODE - I have copied moode-r730-iso and used WIN32disllmager to burn to SD card. When I boot, I get the 4 raspberries come up, followed by several pages of set-up messages - all seems OK. I then get a moode login prompt. This stays on the screen for a few seconds then screen goes blanks and  nothing further seems to happen. I have tried doing an 'arp -a' to see if the Pi is visible on the network, but nothing
Advice please !

try a..

Code:
sudo arp-scan  --localnet
Moode runs headless and once it has successfully booted (which, from your description it has) yoyu can access it from the browser of another device using it's ip or
Quote:moode.local

Ha..Tim was super quick and posted while I typed...!!
----------
bob
(08-21-2021, 08:42 PM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:26 PM)hillbear Wrote: Hi, I need to pick some brains !

Advice please !

try a..

Code:
sudo arp-scan  --localnet
Moode runs headless and once it has successfully booted (which, from your description it has) yoyu can access it from the browser of another device using it's ip or
Quote:moode.local

Ha..Tim was super quick and posted while I typed...!!
Thanks guys for response - I will try in morning. But surely, if I cant see the Pi on the network with 'arp -a' - how can I connect to it ? PiCorePlayer was much simpler to install !
Thanks, guys - http://moode.local worked fine - now up and running and sounding great ! One small issue - I am running Squeezelite renderer and when I try and get to the Moode GUI - I get a message : Squeezelite active, turn off. I can't ger past this message without tuning Squeezelite off - obviously I can then go in and turn it on again, but this seems a bit of a pain ! Any way round this ???????
What settings do you need access to while Squeezelite is running? It's a separate playback application from MPD and none of the DSP settings in moOde apply to it.
Enjoy the Music!
I see the logic now ! No need to look at GUI in Squeezelite mode - does Moode go into a sort of 'standby' mode when Squeezelite is playing ? Thanks
MPD playback is stopped but other moOde processes remain running including the Web stack, MPD, worker.php (renderer management, job processing, other tasks), watchdog.sh (resource monitor), any session based renderers that are On (Spotify, Airplay), Linux processes, Kernel processes, etc.

There are always things running even when nothing is playing. Some utilities that you can use to monitor resource utilization are below.

Code:
moodeutl -m
htop
Enjoy the Music!