Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Lusya Raspberry pi dac pcm5122
I bought such a DAC on aliexpress and yesterday I sat for a long time to configure it to run. I was able to boot but as a device with PCM5102 and I cannot run as any module that would have PCM5122. Does anyone have experience and know how to run this DAC to use its maximum potential?

Link for auction: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001738768295.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-24-2021, 10:49 AM)Jedrek Wrote: I bought such a DAC on aliexpress and yesterday I sat for a long time to configure it to run. I was able to boot but as a device with PCM5102 and I cannot run as any module that would have PCM5122. Does anyone have experience and know how to run this DAC to use its maximum potential?

JustBoom DAC Add-On Board has a PCM5102, TOSLINK, etc; it MAY BE in MoOde's config choices so you can give it a try...

DAC HATs with PCM5122 (but just I2S) worth checking/testing in MoOde's configuration DAC list:
- Allo BOSS 1-1.2 PCM5122PWR

- JustBoom DAC HAT (PCM5122)

- 52Pi HIFI DAC HAT (PCM5122)

- IQaudio DAC+ (PCM5122)

- PiFi DAC+ 2.0 (PCM5122)
I have tried various ADC models that have PCM5122 implemented, but every time I run the "aplay - L" command, the system does not see any audio device.
When I choose the PCM5102 device then "aplay - L" sees me the audio devices in the system.
Try the Hifiberry DAC+ ADC (analog in) or Audiophonics 9028/9038 DAC (S/PDIF in). They are integrated into moOde including input switching.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-25-2021, 12:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Tim CurtisTry the Hifiberry DAC+ ADC (analog in) or Audiophonics 9028/9038 DAC (S/PDIF in). They are integrated into moOde including input switching.

Hifiberry DAC+ ADC not working:
aplay: device_list:272: no soundcards found...

Audiophonics 9028/9038 DAC
aplay -l                                                                                                                                                                                              
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****                                                                                                                                                                        
card 0: DAC [I-Sabre Q2M DAC], device 0: I-Sabre Q2M DAC i-sabre-codec-i2c.1-0048-0 [I-Sabre Q2M DAC i-sabre-codec-i2c.1-0048-0]                                                                                  
 Subdevices: 1/1                                                                                                                                                                                                  
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0                 

Success.
Thanks Tom
The DAC+ ADC not being recognized by Linux suggests some sort of breakage in your system. I have one of those cards and no issues.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-24-2021, 10:49 AM)Jedrek Wrote: I bought such a DAC on aliexpress and yesterday I sat for a long time to configure it to run. I was able to boot but as a device with PCM5102 and I cannot run as any module that would have PCM5122. Does anyone have experience and know how to run this DAC to use its maximum potential?

Hi !
You choose rpi-dac