Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: RPi4/Mood or RME ADI-2 FS problem?
Thanks guys, at least I got it working, but definitely not plug and play. I don’t know if there are standards in this industry for device information queries. If there are, I think the party not following query specifications should be informed. Software is hard enough without the rule breakers.
Nice and learned some Linux as a bonus :-)

For USB devices there are detailed standards, specifications and tools that engineers and designers use to implement their devices. https://www.usb.org/documents Search for "audio" to find the relevant documents.

Audio vendors usually implement and test only for Windows and Mac OS X because they make up a much greater market share than Linux and thus if Linux USB Audio requires additional device descriptors or kernel quirks that are not required on Windows or Mac they just don't get implemented.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
In an idle moment I looked through the User's Guide to the RME ADI-2 DAC FS and found this back on page 40

Quote:Since FPGA firmware 17 the ADI-2 DAC is fully compatible to Windows 10 (1709 or newer). The
unit is automatically recognized when connected to the computer. WDM and WASAPI, from 44.1
to 384 kHz, and DSD playback via DoP (needs to be set in the respective player software) up
until DSD256 will work directly, without any installed driver.

Installing the RME drivers adds ASIO (PCM, DSD DoP and DSD Native), and extends WDM up
to 768 kHz. The drivers are also required for firmware updates and DIGICheck. The following
notes and chapters are based on installed RME drivers!

My read of this is that only DoP will be available to Linux-based players which don't have "the RME drivers". The output from moodeutl -F accurately reflects this.

That's it for me.

Regards,
Kent